Good morning folks! Just to follow-up on my brief story from yesterday, I managed to redeem myself in both real and daily fantasy baseball as my team won game 3 of our finals (we are still down 2-1) and I cashed with 3 lineups in DFS. As for today, we have a full 15 games on the docket with 3 coming in the afternoon, including a Coors Field tilt, and 12 evening games. We have aces (Scherzer, Sale, Kluber) and we have dumpster fire pitchers (J Weaver, U Jimenez). In short, there was a lot to choose from today so let’s see what I came up with.
As always, all stats are courtesy of Rotowire, Rotogrinders, Fangraphs, Baseball-Reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Brian McCann vs. Alex Cobb – 4/10 with 2 homers and 2 walks
- Bryce Harper vs. Tom Koehler – 10/29 with 6 homers, a double and 5 walks
- Marcus Semien vs. Collin McHugh – 7/15 with 3 doubles, a homer and 3 walks
- Freddie Freeman vs. Bartolo Colon – 14/30 with 5 doubles, a homer and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Cardinals at Rockies – Breathe in the Coors Field magic!
- Red Sox vs. Ubaldo Jimenez – Jimenez is combining his usual poor control (4.49 BB/9) with a career high hard contact rate of 31.4%. That is not exactly a winning combination. The Red Sox offense is awesome with a .351 team wOBA and a .187 team ISO versus right-handed pitching. They have scored 9 runs in 10 innings against Ubaldo this season. I honestly think it gets even worse for him here.
- Tigers vs. Jose Berrios – The Tigers are an awful match-up for young Berrios who has allowed a .445 wOBA to right-handed hitters on the season so far, and the Tigers are loaded with right-handed bats. Berrios has also been a disaster in his home park with a 9.89 ERA and a slash line of .370/.455/.623. Berrios has faced Detroit twice already and allowed an astounding 18 base-runners and 12 runs (11 earned) in 5.2 innings. Start your Tigers with confidence.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Max Scherzer vs. Marlins – The Marlins are struggling at the dish ranking 28th in September in OPS and 26th in runs scored. Scherzer has been just the opposite with an impressive 2.39 2nd half ERA and a 31.4% K-Rate on the season. There are three aces to choose from today, but if you want to pay up, I like Scherzer the best (though Sale against the Phillies is a pretty tasty option too).
- Zach Greinke vs. Padres – Greinke has been dynamite against this Padres lineup, holding them to a collective .208/.238/.261 line. The Padres as a whole have been dreadful offensively, ranking 30th in OPS against right-handed pitchers and 29th in OPS for the month of September. While Greinke has struggled this season, he has not been bad on the road with a .308 wOBA against and a 3.31 road xFIP. I like him for a nice start tonight.
Weather to Target or Avoid
- Reds at Cubs – chance of rain
- Tigers at Twins – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters
- Yunel Escobar vs. Derek Holland – Escobar is solid against lefties from the top of the Halos lineup with a .373 wOBA and 140 wRC+.
- Albert Pujols vs. Derek Holland – The pickings are slim as there are not many hittable lefties on the mound, but if you want to stack against Holland, you should include Pujols who has a solid .358 wOBA and 129 wRC+ against lefties.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – US Open - June 13, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – FedEx St Jude Classic - June 7, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Memorial - May 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017