Good morning everyone! What a weird day yesterday was for me on the DFS front. My hitters did great, but boy did I whiff on pitching. I had way too much exposure to Andrew Cashner, Gerrit Cole and Carlos Carrasco and clearly not enough Kyle Hendricks. Thank goodness for David Price who helped me salvage a couple of lineups. Today is a new day and I am ready to rock. Pitching is once again on the weaker side, so there are plenty of hitters to choose from, but be sure to choose your pitchers wisely.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Mike Trout vs. Taijuan Walker – 9/11 with 3 homers and a double
- Adrian Beltre vs. Brad Peacock – 4/10 with 2 homers, a double and a walk
- Josh Donaldson vs. Drew Smyly – 9/19 with 3 homers, 3 doubles and 2 walks
- Charlie Blackmon vs. Robbie Ray – 10/17 with a homer, a double and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Tigers vs. Kyle Gibson – Gibson has been very ineffective in the 2nd half of the year allowing a .384 wOBA and .528 slugging percentage while sporting an ugly 5.62 ERA. The Tigers will not be a welcome sight for him as they have a .325/.412/.465 line against the Twins’ righty in a fairly large sample size. In Gibson’s last start against Detroit he allowed 7 hits and 4 walks over 5 innings while allowing 5 runs. Look for more of the same from the Tigers tonight.
- Diamondbacks vs. Jorge De La Rosa – The Diamondbacks quietly have the highest OPS in MLB versus left-handed pitching at .827 and are this year’s version of the 2015 Rays for DFS purposes. They also love hitting against De La Rosa with a .352/.413/.583 line. And for anyone who thinks that de la Rosa’s struggles are a product of Coors, he has a 5.40 road ERA and .360 wOBA away from home this season – both numbers are worse than his home numbers. Start your Diamondbacks with confidence.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Trevor Bauer vs. White Sox – Bauer is maddeningly inconsistent, but he has been much better on the road than at home this year with a 3.13 ERA and .290 wOBA away from Cleveland. He has also loved facing this White Sox lineup as they have a .208/.250/.322 collective line against the Indians’ righty. In Bauer’s last start against Chicago he held them to 4 hits and a run over 7 inning with 9 strikeouts. I like him for another nice night tonight.
- Drew Pomeranz vs. Orioles – If I gave you 10 guesses you might not pick the Orioles as having the lowest OPS in the American league versus left-handed pitching, but it is true as the powerful Baltimore offense has only managed a .680 OPS on the season against southpaws to go along with a less than stellar .297 wOBA and 21.6% K-Rate. Pomeranz has been very effective in his last few games and has really picked up his strikeout game with 24 Ks in his last 18.1 innings. I like him for a strong start tonight.
Weather to Target or Avoid
- A’s at Royals – chance of rain
- Indians at White Sox – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters
- Robbie Grossman vs. Matt Boyd – Grossman has an impressive .442 wOBA and 180 wRC+ versus lefties
- Yasmany Tomas vs. Jorge de la Rosa – Tomas has become one of the best hitters in MLB versus lefties with a .454 wOBA and 184 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017