Good morning all! It should be another great day of baseball today as MLB has scheduled 4 afternoon and 11 evening games. That means two DFS slates, which is always fun. This is a busy DFS time for me as the golf season winds down, the baseball season winds down and the football season gears up. If you are a multi-sport DFS participant like me, it is important to practice good money management or your bankroll could get away from you with a few poor slates. Let’s see what we come up with for today.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jose Abreu vs. Anibal Sanchez – 9/17 with 3 doubles, 2 homers and 2 walks.
- Adam Eaton vs. Anibal Sanchez – 7/15 with 2 homers and 3 walks
- Freddie Freeman vs. Stephen Strasburg – 14/34 with 3 doubles, 4 homers and 6 walks
- Robinson Cano vs. AJ Griffin – 4/10 with a homer, a double and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Giants at Rockies – Coors Field effect in play!
- White Sox vs. Anibal Sanchez – Sanchez has been abysmal this year, and his struggles have been exacerbated on the road where he has allowed a .383 wOBA and sports a 7.11 ERA. He cannot be happy to see the White Sox, who as a collective have a .357/.386/.516 line against the Tigers’ righty. The White Sox come in swinging the bats well, having scored the 8th most runs over the last 7 games. Get them in your lineups!
- Blue Jays vs. Bryan Mitchell – We have not seen too much of Mitchell in a big league uniform, but he struggled with righties when he had a chance to pitch in 2015 allowing a .378 wOBA. As we all know, the Blue Jays are among the best power hitting right-handed lineup in MLB with Encarnacion, Donaldson, Bautista, Tulowitzki and Martin. Mitchell faced the Blue Jays twice in 2015 and allowed 5 runs over his 3.2 innings. This is a guy who has a 4.29 minor league ERA this year, and I can’t see him holding down the Blue Jays today.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Marcus Stroman vs. Yankees – Stroman’s 2nd half ERA does not dazzle, but he has been one of the majors best pitchers since the break with a .303 wOBA, a 25.4% K-Rate, and a 2.58 xFIP. The Yankees have never fared well against the Jays’ righty with a .139/.194/.281 collective line. I can’t imagine them doing well against the pistol hot version of Stroman that is throwing right now. He is also a safe bet for the important points for a win on FanDuel. This is a top pitching option today.
- Dylan Bundy vs. Rays – The Rays are one of the most strikeout prone teams in MLB these days with a 23.7% K-Rate against right-handed pitching. Bundy has upped his strikeout game in the 2nd half of the season with a 24.3% K-Rate. The floor is high for Bundy today, but the ceiling is equally high. This could be a great GPP play as double digit strikeouts are not out of the question.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Braves at Nationals – chance of rain
- Astros at Indians – chance of rain
- Royals at Twins – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Adrian Beltre vs. Ariel Miranda – Beltre has a rock solid .425 wOBA and 166 wRC+ against southpaws on the season.
- Steve Pearce vs. Drew Smyly – Pearce is demolishing lefties with a .439 wOBA and 182 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Greenbrier Classic - July 5, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Quicken Loans National - June 28, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017