Good day all! Interesting DFS day today as we have a full 15 games on the docket, but there is really only one ace pitching as Corey Kluber toes the bump. Days like this make the DFS puzzle even more challenging, but I find them to be even more fun. There is some great value on today’s slate, so let’s see what we came up with.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Anthony Rizzo vs. Wily Peralta – 14/28 with 5 homers, 3 doubles and 4 walks
- Brian Dozier vs. Dillon Gee – 5/14 with 3 homers, a double and a walk
- Adrian Beltre vs. James Paxton – 5/10 with a homer and 3 walks
- Miguel Cabrera vs. Miguel Gonzalez – 6/13 with a homer and 2 doubles
Stacks to Target:
- Giants at Rockies – Coors Field effect in play!
- Cubs vs. Wily Peralta – While Peralta has been pitching better of late, he remains one of the worst pitchers in MLB. His home wOBA allowed sits at .377 while his home ERA is 5.52. The Cubs are dangerous on offense and have scored the 3rd most runs in the National League since the All-Star Break. And they have traditionally hit well against Peralta with a .350/.431/.642 collective line. Fire them up today!
- Mariners vs. Martin Perez – The Mariners are getting hot against left-handed pitching and they proved it yesterday by knocking around Cole Hamels. Perez struggles against right-handed bats, allowing a .341 wOBA over the last 2 years. Gutierrez, Cruz, Dae-Ho Lee and Zunino have the makings for a solid stack today.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Luke Weaver vs. Pirates – After a sparkling season at AA, Weaver has been very impressive in his major league career thus far. In his first few starts, young Luke boasts a solid 3.12 xFIP accompanied by an elite 29.2% K-Rate. The K-Rate does not seem to be a fluke as it is nearly the same as he had in AA this season. The Pirates have cooled on offense and rank a weak 26th in OPS in the 2nd half and look to be a good match-up for Weaver. The Cards’ righty is only $7,100 on FanDuel and a dirt cheap $4,700 on DraftKings and looks like a solid play.
- Gio Gonzalez vs. Braves – The Braves’ offensive burst in the 2nd half has been nice, but they still have a weak .286 wOBA versus left-handed pitching on the season and rank 28th in OPS against lefties at .655. Gio has turned on his game recently with a .265 2nd half wOBA allowed and a 3.00 2nd half ERA. He is not prohibitively expensive and should excel in this match-up.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Royals at Twins – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Martin Prado vs. Adam Morgan – Prado is destroying lefties this season with a .474 wOBA and 202 wRC+.
- Wilmer Flores vs. Brandon Finnegan – Flores hits great against southpaws with a .449 wOBA and 189 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Greenbrier Classic - July 5, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Quicken Loans National - June 28, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017