Thanks to both Paul and Jim for admirably filling in for me while I had a last-minute vacation this weekend. I am back at it today, and we have a short slate Monday with one lonely afternoon game. I will ignore that game (with one BvP exception) as DraftKings does not let you play that slate and it is very risky to play a full day slate on FanDuel since your night game rosters would lock in the afternoon. I like pitchers today, so finding hitting value is key. Let’s see how we do.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Adrian Gonzalez vs. Homer Bailey – 10/23 with 2 doubles, 5 homers and a walk
- Miguel Montero vs. Edwin Jackson – 6/15 with 3 doubles, a homer and 2 walks
- Adam Lind vs. Michael Pineda – 5/14 with 2 doubles and 2 homers
Stacks to Target:
- Rockies vs. Jimmy Nelson – While the Rockies are not at Coors today, I still like them against Nelson. The Brewers’ righty really struggles to get left-handed batters out, allowing a .345 wOBA to lefties this year which is actually better than his woeful .356 career mark. The Rockies have a host of good lefties including Carlos Gonzalez, David Dahl and Charlie Blackmon (if he plays – Gerardo Parra if he does not). Pair those three lefties with LeMahieu and Arenado and that is a dangerous stack today.
- Red Sox vs. Blake Snell – Snell is pitching decently this season as evidenced by his 3.06 ERA, but he has definitely been a bit lucky that his 5.11 BB/9 has not led to more runs allowed. His 4.56 SIERA is proof that his run prevention is a bit fortunate. The Red Sox are extremely dangerous, extremely patient, and knocked Snell around for a career high 8 hits back on June 27. I like them to do even better today.
Pitchers of the Day:
- David Price vs. Rays – Price has accumulated 10+ strikeouts against the Rays twice already this year. And it is not only Price who does well striking out the Rays, as they have a very high 25.3% K-Rate against lefties. Price has a 24.0% K-Rate on the year and a decent xFIP of 3.42. This should be a banner performance.
- James Taillon vs. Astros – Speaking of strikeout prone teams, the Astros certainly fit that bill. Houston has a 24.2% K-Rate against righties, and Taillon has found his strikeout pitch recently. Taillon’s K-Rate is up 20.8% in the 2nd half and his 2nd half ERA is an elite 2.37. He is comparatively cheap on the big sites and is a nice GPP play.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- NONE! Let’s play ball
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Hanley Ramirez vs. Blake Snell – Hanley is pummeling lefties this year with a .442 wOBA and 178 wRC+.
- David Dahl vs. Jimmy Nelson – Dahl is hitting well against righties with a .406 wOBA and 137 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – US Open - June 13, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – FedEx St Jude Classic - June 7, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Memorial - May 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017