It is an extremely busy time for me at my real job, which makes me even more thankful for my hobbies of daily fantasy and season long fantasy baseball. Getting caught up in the world of sports is certainly a release from the day to day grind. Today’s slate stands out for hitting, and there are some pitchers that I lost money with last week that I am willing to forgive. Hopefully those pitchers do better for me today.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Ryan Raburn vs. Gio Gonzalez – 7/13 with 3 homers, a double and a walk
- David Ortiz vs. Yovani Gallardo – 5/10 with a homer and a walk
- Salvador Perez vs. Justin Verlander – 23/49 with 8 doubles and 2 homers
- Jose Abreu vs. Corey Kluber – 12/31 with 2 doubles, 3 homers and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Washington at Colorado – Coors Field is in play!
- Red Sox vs. Yovani Gallardo – Gallardo is struggling along this season with a career low K/9 (6.55), a career high BB/9 (4.71), and his lowest ground ball percentage since 2007. The Red Sox and their .348 wOBA against righties is not the match-up that he wants to see. Start your Boston players with confidence.
- Padres vs. Blake Snell – Snell has been decent thus far in his career but he is still walking way too many batters with a 4.92 BB/9. He is also coming off of the worst start of his career which often leads to a funk for young pitchers. The Padres can hit lefties as is evidenced by their .344 team wOBA against southpaws. I like them to do some damage today.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Noah Syndergaard vs. Diamondbacks – I recommended this match-up just last week and it did not work out for me, but I am going back to the well. Syndergaard has a 29.7% K-rate and faces a team with an elevated 23.2% K-rate against righties. In addition, his .353 BABIP allowed despite a 29.2% hard contact rate shows that he has been unlucky of late. He is only the 4th highest priced pitcher on DraftKings but is my favorite on this slate.
- Kenta Maeda vs. Phillies – I got burned a bit by this match-up last week too, but once again I am going back to it. Maeda is a rock solid pitcher, and while the Phils have been hitting better of late, they still have a .299 season wOBA against righties and a 21.5% K-rate. I like Maeda to right the ship and stifle the Phillies.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Dodgers at Phillies – chance of rain
- White Sox at Indians – chance of rain
- Marlins at Reds – chance of rain
- A’s at Rangers – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Stephen Piscotty vs. Dallas Keuchel – Piscotty is one of my favorite plays against lefties with a .426 wOBA and 171 wRC+.
- Jose Altuve vs. Jaime Garcia – Altuve continues to destroy lefties with a .457 wOBA and 193 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017