Good morning everyone! It should be another good day of baseball today as there are a full 15 games on the docket. There is only 1 afternoon game, but it is the Coors Field game, so if you want to get those bats in your lineup you have to play an all day slate. I actually like some of the value pitchers on the mound so I will be paying up for some bats. Let’s see what we come up with.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Josh Donaldson vs. Drew Smyly – 8/17 with 3 doubles, 3 homers and a walk
- Jacoby Ellsbury vs. Rick Porcello – 12/28 with 2 doubles, 4 homers and 2 walks
- Matt Kemp vs. Wily Peralta – 7/14 with a double and a homer
- Adam Duvall vs. Mike Leake – 3/8 with 2 homers and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Rangers at Rockies – Coors Field alert! As noted above, this is the only afternoon game so get your lineups in early if you want to use this game.
- Cubs vs. Jered Weaver – Weaver is an equal opportunity pitcher, allowing hard contact to everyone and giving up a .340 wOBA to left-handed hitters and a .346 wOBA to right-handed hitters. The Cubs are not the match-up that Weaver wants to see as they have a .327 wOBA versus righties with a .164 ISO and rank 3rd in the NL with a .755 OPS against right-handers. Play your Cubs tonight.
- Brewers vs. Tyrell Jenkins – Jenkins is getting by with smoke and mirrors as his 4.33 ERA looks acceptable. But his 4.33 K/9 and 6.11 BB/9 are quite ugly, as are his 6.12 xFIP and 6.33 SIERA. The Brewers are not necessarily known for offense, but they rank 7th in OPS since the all-star break at .760. They are a good stack today.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- None! Play Ball!
Pitchers of the Day:
- Kenta Maeda vs. Phillies – The Phillies struggle on offense, ranking 28th in OPS versus righties on the season. Maeda has been excellent this year and has continued his good form as of late allowing 2 earned runs or less in 4 of his last 5 starts, including his last start which came at Coors Field. Maeda is not a high strikeout guy, but he should be good for a win and few base-runners allowed.
- Brandon Finnegan vs. Cardinals – The Cardinals quietly struggle against left-handed pitching, ranking a below average 24th in OPS versus southpaws. They also have struggled with this particular lefty as Finnegan has allowed only 2 ER over 18 IP in 3 starts versus St. Louis this year. That includes his last start on August 4 where he went 6 innings allowing 2 hits, no walks, and striking out 4. He is priced right and is a good play.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Jose Altuve vs. Hector Santiago – In case anyone forgot, Altuve smokes lefties with a .451 wOBA and 189 wRC+.
- Franklin Gutierrez vs. Daniel Norris – Gutierrez is a great platoon player with a .393 wOBA and 154 wRC+ against southpaws.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Greenbrier Classic - July 5, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Quicken Loans National - June 28, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017