It’s not easy filling in for one of the best in the industry, but I’ll do my best today to make Neil proud.
I feel just like I did putting my kids to sleep when they were little. Obviously I was never as good as Mom was; my song selection not at all what they were used to, and my voice not nearly as soft. But, sure enough they fell asleep and I hope to have that same success with you today. Well, you know what I mean.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jacoby Ellsbury vs Eduardo Rodriguez – 5/11 with a double and 2 home runs
- Marwin Gonzalez vs Hishashi Iwakuma – 10/19 with 2 doubles and a home run
- Evan Longoria vs Chris Tillman- 17/57 with 4 doubles and 7 home runs
- Jay Bruce vs Jimmy Nelson – 8/19 with 3 doubles and 3 homers
- Ryan Braun vs John Lamb – 4/7 with a double, 2 homers, and 4 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Giants vs Luis Perdomo – Three straight quality starts for Perdomo doesn’t save him from the spotlight today, as he has given up 101 hits in 65 innings of work this year. While his numbers are horrible across the board, it’s worth noting the .956 OPS allowed to LHH, as well as the .384/.460/.557 line he has allowed at home this year. The Giants ran out 7 left-handed bats plus Posey last night, and I suspect Perdomo will face the same tonight.
- Phillies vs Logan Verrett – The Phillies have 5 starters who have an OPS near .900 or above this month, with M.Franco leading the onslaught. The Phillies may be the worst hitting team at home for the season, but this month they are slugging .501 which is good for 5th in the majors. Verrett has a 4.34 ERA for the season, but as a starter it is 5.64, where he’s allowed a .362 wOBA while granting 19 walks (and 19 strikeouts) in just 30 innings of work.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Blue Jays at Athletics – 12 MPH wind blowing out
- Pirates at Nationals – Chance of rain
- Indians at Twins – Chance of rain
- Rockies at Braves – Chance of rain
- White Sox at Angels- 10 MPH wind blowing out
Pitchers of the Day:
- Matt Moore vs Orioles – Moore is priced at just $8,100 which is pretty cheap for a guy with 5 QS in his last 6 starts. The Orioles aren’t great against LHP either ranking 20th, as opposed to second vs RHP. Moore has faced the O’s twice this year, losing at Camden, but throwing a three-hit, 7 inning affair at home with 9 punch outs. The high-priced arms carry as much risk today, though I’d be all over McCullers if the Mariners weren’t hitting so well (especially at home).
- Mike Foltynewicz vs Rockies – I like the $7,100 bargain price tag for Folty today at home, where he has a 2.49 ERA while holding opponents to just a .182 AVG. He is coming off of his best start as a major league pitcher, tossing 7 shut out innings last week against the White Sox with 10 strikeouts. The Rockies meanwhile are the 5th worst team in baseball on the road with a .296 wOBA, striking out 25.5% this month.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Carlos Beltran vs Eduardo Rodriguez – Beltran has 7 HR in 91 AB vs LHP, with a .424 wOBA and 167 wRC+.
- Hanley Ramirez vs CC Sabathia – Ramirez has been unspectacular vs RHP, but vs LHP: .358/.442/.612 (174 wRC+).
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @FantasyAssembly
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.