Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 4
Very interesting DFS slate today. We have three of the best aces on the mound with Kershaw, Sale and Strasburg toeing the bump. And we also have some juicy hitters as tomato cans like Bud Norris and Edwin Escobar are pitching as well. There is value to be had in today’s slate, so let’s see how we do.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Salvador Perez vs. Josh Tomlin – 11/17 with 5 doubles and a homer. NOTE: – Perez has missed a few games in a row so check lineups, but there is a chance he plays this weekend.
- Giancarlo Stanton vs. Bartolo Colon – 5/11 with 2 homers, a double and a walk
- Mark Trumbo vs. Ivan Nova – 9/16 with 2 homers, a double and a walk
- Victor Martinez vs. Chris Sale – (For you brave souls) 16/34 with 4 homers, 3 doubles and 2 walks
- Kyle Seager vs. Martin Perez – 10/22 with 3 homers and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Cubs vs. Edwin Escobar – The Cubs have an impressive .345 wOBA against righties as a team which is 2nd in the NL, only behind the underrated offense of the Cardinals. Edwin Escobar struggled mightily in his first start allowing 7 ER in only 3.1 versus Houston. It doesn’t get any easier today. The Cubs should romp.
- Astros vs. Kendall Graveman – The Astros struggle with high strikeout pitchers, but Graveman does not fit the bill. His K/9 is under 7.00 and his K-rate sits at an unimpressive 16.0%. The Astros offense has gotten hot, scoring 47 runs over their last 7 games. They should be able to generate a lot of hard contact against Graveman who allows hard contact at a 31.6% clip. I’m feeling the Astros today.
- (BONUS PICK) Dodgers LHB vs. Bud Norris – Norris is not a good pitcher and allows a .446 wOBA to lefties.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Diamondbacks vs. Cubs – chance of rain
- Angels vs. Pirates – chance of rain
- Rays vs. Twins – chance of rain
- Nationals vs. Reds – chance of rain
- Royals vs. Indians – chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Clayton Kershaw vs. Braves – Usually I don’t like to point out the super-obvious chalk play in this section, but in case anyone was thinking of playing Sale or Strasburg in cash games – don’t do it. The Braves look like they may set a record in futility against left-handed pitching with a .255 team wOBA, comfortably the worst in MLB, and they strike out 23.5% of the time against southpaws. And, (stating the obvious), Kershaw is no ordinary lefty. Despite the hefty price tag, this is a must play in cash. In GPP, you should only fade Kershaw if there is a stack you love and you can’t fit his salary into your lineup. I would almost be surprised if this is not a complete game shutout.
- Collin McHugh vs. A’s – I always liked McHugh’s game (I was the highest of our Fantasy Assembly pre-season rankers on him) and he is pitching much better than his 4.82 ERA; evidence of this is in his 3.67 FIP, 3.93 xFIP and 3.90 SIERA. McHugh has also found his strikeout mojo with 26 strikeouts in his last 21.1 innings pitched. The A’s struggle against righties with a team wOBA of .301. I am digging McHugh to pair with one of the aces today on DraftKings – especially at his reasonable $8,200 salary.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Yunel Escobar vs. Jeff Locke – Locke has not been great versus righties with a .352 wOBA allowed. Escobar has a .375 wOBA and 144 wRC+ versus left-handed starters.
- Joc Pederson vs. Bud Norris – As mentioned above, Norris really struggles with left-handed hitters. Pederson has been bad versus southpaws (.214 wOBA and 32 wRC+), but pretty good against righties with a .342 wOBA and 118 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017