Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 2
Good day all! I was wrestling between Dexter Fowler and Mookie Betts in a lineup where I had an Astros stack, plus Michael Fulmer and Aaron Sanchez as my pitchers. Of course, I made the wrong choice. Still finished 172nd in the Moonshot yesterday, but could have been in the top 10.
Today’s slate features one obvious pitcher, Coors Field and some pretty good hitting match-ups. There is value to be had so let’s see how we do. Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jose Altuve vs. Zach Greinke – 8/15 with 2 doubles and a homer
- Alexei Amarista vs. Wade Miley – 4/8 with a double
- Brad Miller vs. Kyle Gibson – 5/11 with 2 doubles and 2 walks
- Luis Valbuena vs. Zach Greinke – 10/23 with 3 doubles, a homer and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Reds and Rockies – The Coors Field effect is in play.
- Red Sox vs. Ubaldo Jimenez – The Sox are comfortably the best team in MLB in OPS with an .852 mark. No other team in the majors is over .800. And Ubaldo is ice cold, having allowed more than a run per inning in each of his last 3 starts. Start your Sox with confidence.
- Phillies vs. Chase Anderson – Anderson has been pretty dreadful this season with a 37% hard contact rate, a 5.51 FIP and a 5.00 ERA. The Phillies aren’t world beaters on offense, but this is a cheap stack and let’s you pay for top pitching. Don’t shy away from RHB either as Anderson allows a .401 wOBA to righties.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- None! Play Ball!
Pitchers of the Day:
- Madison Bumgarner vs. Braves – Just because it’s obvious doesn’t mean you don’t use it. MadBum has scored over 25 DraftKings points in 5 of his last 7 starts and is comfortably a top 5 pitcher in baseball. The Braves can’t hit lefties with a .582 team OPS. This could be a complete game shutout with double digit Ks. Ownership will be high, but I don’t see how you fade this unless you want to stack Coors or the Red Sox.
- Jerad Eickhoff vs. Brewers – The Brewers have a 27.2% K-rate versus right-handed starters which is the worst in MLB, and Eickhoff has a respectable 21.9 K%. He could rack up the strikeouts here. His SIERA also sits at 3.73 so he’s been a bit unlucky with his 4.07 ERA.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Yasmany Tomas vs. Dallas Keuchel – Tomas has hit lefties well this year with a .447 wOBA and 180 wRC+.
- Matt Kemp vs. Wade Miley – Kemp can still hit southpaws with a .388 wOBA and 149 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017