Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 1
Welcome to June everybody. The weather is warm and offenses around MLB are starting to heat up. We have another split slate today, though there are only 3 games in the afternoon. Coors Field will once again likely take a lot of the fun out of daily fantasy today, as John “Sacrificial” Lamb pitches for the Reds. The 17 runs that the Rockies scored yesterday may just be a warm-up for today’s action. Let’s see what kind of value we can derive from today’s slate.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Kendrys Morales vs. Chris Archer – 7/11 with 3 doubles and a homer
- Alcides Escobar vs. Chris Archer – 7/9 with a double
- Chris Davis vs. Joe Kelly – 5/10 with a double a homer and 2 walks
- Paul Goldschmidt vs. Mike Fiers – 3/8 2 doubles a homer and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Reds and Rockies – The Coors Field effect is in play. Play your Rockies as John Lamb allows a .416 wOBA to RHB.
- Rays vs. Danny Duffy – Tampa Bay ranks 3rd in the majors in OPS versus left-handed pitching at .817. And Danny Duffy allows a .336 wOBA to right-handed bats over his career. I love Brandon Guyer, Evan Longoria and Steve Pearce among others in this one.
- Astros vs. Robbie Ray – Ray has really struggled this year versus right-handed bats with a .377 wOBA allowed and has also struggled on the road with a .408 wOBA allowed. Houston hasn’t been its dominant self versus lefties yet, but this looks like a good spot for Altuve, Correa, Springer and Gattis.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Tigers at Angels – 10 MPH wind blowing out
- Giants at Braves – chance of rain
- Dodgers at Cubs – chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Jacob deGrom vs. White Sox – De Grom has picked up his strikeout game over the last two games after struggling in that department over the first part of the season. The White Sox have been struggling over the past 7 days with an OPS of .610. Look for de Grom to stay hot in this one.
- Sean Manaea vs. Twins – The Twins are the opposite of the Rays as they are last in the AL in OPS versus southpaws at an abysmal .628. Manaea really struggled out of the gate, but he is starting to settle in with a FIP under 3.00 in 2 of his last 3 games. He is a good cheap way to get some Rockies (or Reds) into your lineups.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Brandon Guyer vs. Danny Duffy – Guyer has been other-worldly against left-handed pitchers with a .464 wOBA and 205 wRC+.
- Ryan Raburn vs. John Lamb – Raburn has an impressive .385 wOBA versus left-handed pitchers on the year.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017