Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for May 28
It looks like a fine Saturday today with a 9 afternoon games and 6 early games – for a nice split slate. I will try to fit some DFS in between taking care of my lawn, going for a run and playing with the kids. Let’s see if we can find some value in today’s slate(s).
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jonathan Lucroy vs. Alfredo Simon – 7/12 with 2 homers a double and a walk
- Justin Smoak vs. Rick Porcello – 7/18 with 3 homers a double and 3 walks
- Daniel Murphy vs. Adam Wainwright – 7/14 with 3 doubles and a walk
- John Jaso vs. Yu Darvish – 9/22 with 2 homers 2 doubles and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Cubs LHB vs. Jerad Eickhoff – First off, I think I will be fading Coors Field completely in all 8 of my lineups. Eddie Butler is a decent pitcher throwing for Colorado and MadBum is toeing the bump for San Francisco. With respect to Eickhoff, I actually love this young man’s stuff, but he has struggled mightily against left-handed bats in his career. Opposite handed hitters have a very high .357 wOBA against him on the year and it is a nearly identical .356 for his career. The Cubs have the left-handed bats that will make young Eickhoff pay – so start Rizzo, Heyward, Zobrist and company with confidence.
- Marlins vs. Aaron Blair – Blair has been Clay Buchholz like (2014-2016 version) early in his career, pairing an inability to miss bats (3.38 K/9) with a lack of aptitude in finding home plate (5.06 BB/9). In case you were wondering, that isn’t a great combo. Left-handed bats have given him particular trouble as he has allowed a .432 wOBA to lefties. Start Dietrich and Ichiro and maybe Christian Yelich will finally come back.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- White Sox at Royals – 13 MPH wind blowing out
Pitchers of the Day:
- Zach Greinke vs. Padres – The Padres are terrible versus right-handed pitching (they showed the could hit lefties a bit yesterday) and they face off against a guy who has traditionally given them trouble. In his career, Greinke is 6-1 with a 1.64 ERA and 0.807 WHIP against San Diego. He should find success today.
- Wei-Yin Chen vs. Braves – The Braves have a terrible .594 OPS versus lefties and Chen should be the beneficiary. He has already stymied the Braves this season allowing only 4 hits in 6.2 innings while allowing 2 runs and striking out 6. I think he does even better today.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Carlos Santana vs. Ubaldo Jimenez – Santana has a .393 wOBA and 154 wRC+ versus righties this year.
- Anthony Rizzo vs. Jerad Eickhoff – Rizzo has really struggled with southpaws this year (.297 wOBA 79 wRC+) but he has been his usual world beater self against righties (.400 wOBA 152 wRC+). He is my play of the day.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.