Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 26.
After using the stacking strategy in almost all of my GPPs this season, I decided to mix things up yesterday. I made a lineup exclusively of hitters in the 3 or 4 spot in the lineup, with decent match-ups (but no one at Coors) and then added my favorite pitchers. Thanks to Michael Conforto, Miguel Cabrera, Buster Posey and some good pitching I was able to comfortably cash. I will be trying out this strategy over the course of the next week and will write about it if I succeed. Stay tuned.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Albert Pujols vs. Edinson Volquez – 4/10 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 4 walks
- Alexei Ramirez vs. Johnny Cueto – 7/11 with 2 extra base hits including a homer
- Nelson Cruz vs. Dallas Keuchel – 7/14 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 3 walks
- Kendrys Morales vs. Jered Weaver – 8/14 with 2 extra base hits including a homer and added 3 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Pirates – Coors Field effect. The Rockies face Gerrit Cole today, so they are a safe fade but the Pirates against Jorge de la Rosa are a safe play.
- White Sox vs. R.A. Dickey – Dickey is 2-5 with a 7.40 ERA and a 1.582 WHIP in his career against the Pale Hose. The White Sox are playing good ball and should get to the knuckle baller today.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Reds @ Mets – Good chance of a rainout
- Brewers @ Cubs – 15 MPH wind blowing in
- Yankees @ Rangers – Chance of rain though game should get in
- Indians @ Twins – 12 MPH wind blowing in
- Pirates @ Rockies – Chance of rain though game should get in
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- James Shields vs. Giants – Big Game James has had success against San Francisco, holding their lineup to a paltry .217/.263/.318 line.
- Jered Weaver vs. Kansas City – Weaver has actually been good at home the last two years with a 1.50 ERA this year and a 2.79 ERA last year (his ERA spiked to 6.01 on the road in 2015). Let’s see if that can continue.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Victor Martinez vs. Rich Hill – V-Mart has become a heavy platoon split hitter in recent years and 2016 is no different as he is crushing lefties with a .421 wOBA and 183 wRC+.
- Ian Kinsler vs. Rich Hill – Kinsler is also a guy who torments lefties and has a .525 wOBA and 260 wRC+ against southpaws on the young season.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.