Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 25.
The Cubs left-handed bats did me right yesterday, leading to my best day of the season. It could have been even better if Miguel Montero joined in the fun, but beggars can’t be choosers. Let’s see if we can carry that momentum into another strong day today.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Nolan Arenado vs. Jeff Locke – 6/11 with 3 extra base hits including a homer and 2 walks
- Brian Dozier vs. Danny Salazar – 9/18 with 6 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 2 walks
- Lorenzo Cain vs. Garrett Richards – 5/11 with 4 extra base hits including a homer and also a walk
- Chris Davis vs. Chris Archer – 5/14 with 4 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 6 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Rockies and Pirates – Coors Field effect. The Rockies will destroy Jeff Locke. You almost have no other choice in your cash game lineups.
- Red Sox LHB vs. Julio Teheran – Teheran allowed a .386 wOBA and .507 slugging percentage to lefties in 2015 and has gotten even worse in 2016 with a .412 wOBA allowed and .605 slugging percentage allowed to lefties. Ortiz, Holt and Shaw are nice plays today.
- Rangers LHB vs. Nathan Eovaldi – Eovaldi is similar to Teheran in that he has allowed a .424 wOBA and .679 slugging percentage to lefties this year after struggling in 2015 (.345 wOBA allowed). I am liking Odor, Moreland and Fielder today.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Oakland at Detroit – Chance of rain
- Yankees at Texas – 14 MPH wind blowing in
- Pittsburgh and Colorado – 11 MPH wind blowing out
- San Diego at San Francisco – 19 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Rick Porcello vs. Atlanta – Porcello has a pedestrian 4.66 ERA on the year but he has a career high 11.7 K/9 and a 2.89 xFIP. Today he faces off against the Braves who are dead last in team OPS at .593. Should be a nice night.
- Jordan Zimmermann vs. Oakland – Somehow, Zimmerman’s price is still low despite his ungodly start and he faces off against Oakland who is 24th in team OPS against right-handed pitching.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Mitch Moreland vs. Nathan Eovaldi – Moreland has a career .342 wOBA against righties and faces Eovaldi who struggles with lefties.
- Prince Fielder vs. Nathan Eovaldi – Prince is off to a slow start but his .401 career wOBA against righties and Eovaldi’s trouble against lefties should push him in the right direction today.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017