Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 23.
I was having a pretty solid night yesterday and looking at some pretty good cashes – I just needed about 25 points from Adam Wainwright against the Padres in the late game. But while Waino wasn’t terrible, he still doesn’t look like himself and couldn’t strike out anybody so I ended up with a few min-cashes. Hopefully tonight will be better.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Marcus Semien vs. J.A. Happ – 7/10 with a homer and a walk
- Miguel Cabrera vs. Corey Kluber – 20/35 with 7 extra base hits including 5 homers and also 2 walks
- Yan Gomes vs. Anibal Sanchez – 4/9 with 2 extra base hits including a homer
- Alex Avila vs. Colby Lewis – 6/17 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Rockies and Dodgers – Coors Field effect. It is Maeda vs. Chatwood tonight – 2 pitchers who have started the season very nicely – but Coors Field is always a target.
- Tigers vs. Corey Kluber – Kluber has not started the season very well and faces his nemesis in the Tigers. He is especially poor at Comerica where he has a 6.15 career ERA and 1.405 career WHIP. I think this is a nice contrarian play.
- Brewers vs. Charlie Morton – Morton does not like going into Miller Park where he is 1-5 with a 5.05 ERA. If you do stack Brewers though, be aware that Jonathan Lucroy struggles against Morton (1/16 career).
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Minnesota at Washington – 14 MPH wind blowing in
- Dodgers at Colorado – 12 MPH wind blowing out
- Mariners at Angels – 10 MPH wind blowing out
- Marlins at Giants – 14 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Clay Buchholz vs. Astros – The Astros strike out the 2nd most in MLB and Buchholz has loved facing them in his career going 3-0 with a 1.38 ERA 0.796 WHIP and 10.7 K/9.
- Chase Anderson vs. Phillies – Anderson has been throwing well thus far and faces a Phillies team who are ranked only 27th in team OPS.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- David Ortiz vs. Mike Fiers – We don’t really think of Papi as a platoon split guy, but he has been killing righties and been so-so against lefties for a few years now. This year is no different as he has a .432 wOBA and 186 wRC+ against right-handers.
- Travis Shaw vs. Mike Fiers – Shaw’s platoon splits are scary this year. .179 wOBA and 0 (!!) wRC+ vs. LHB while versus righties it is a robust .472 and 216 respectively. There is a righty on the bump today, so the Sox’ third baseman is a good play.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017