Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 21.
Wow – I thought yesterday was an ace day. Today is even ace-ier with Kershaw, Scherzer, Price, Keuchel, Arrieta and Cole (and some other goodies) all pitching. This is going to be a tricky day of DFS, so pay attention to your lefty-righty splits to get cheaper hitters and try to fit an ace or two into your lineups. Let’s do this!
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Miguel Cabrera vs. Edinson Volquez – 5/8 with an extra base hit and 3 BB
- Kevin Pillar vs. Chris Tillman – 6/16 with 4 extra base hits including 3 homers
- Bryce Harper vs. Tom Koehler – 8/26 with 6 extra base hits including 5 homers and added 3 walks
- Russell Martin vs. Chris Tillman – 4/8 with an extra base hit and 3 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Blue Jays vs. Chris Tillman – As a group, the Blue Jays have hit Tillman extremely well with a .319/.383/.586 collective line including 13 homers. The Jays haven’t been mashing like they are going to, and maybe they will be slightly less owned than usual.
- Royals vs. Mike Pelfrey – A collective .360/.420/.464 line for the defending champs against this middling starter. If you can fit some Royals in your lineup, this is a great play.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Seattle at Cleveland – Chance of rain
- Cubs at Cincinnati – Chance of rain
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Johnny Cueto vs. Diamondbacks – Ordinarily, Cueto would not be “sneaky”, but with the amount of elite pitching today, he may be a low-owned option. He is 6-1 with a 2.54 ERA in his career against Arizona
- Shelby Miller vs. Giants – Miller has looked terrible thus far, but perhaps AT&T Park can cure what ails him. He has a career 2.19 ERA and 1.054 WHIP there. I can’t imagine Miller will be more than 5% owned, so not a bad GPP punt play.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Yunel Escobar vs. John Danks – Small sample size but Escobar has been a different player against lefties and righties this year. Against righties, he has a punchless .184 wOBA and 15 wRC+. Against lefties, he turns into vintage Barry Bonds with a .577 wOBA and 309 wRC+. He is nicely priced and will hit at the top of the lineup. Love this play today.
- Ben Zobrist vs. Brandon Finnegan – Zobrist’s splits aren’t quite as drastic as Escobar’s but he has also struggled versus righties and hit well against lefties thus far – which is actually a repeat of 2015 for him. On the season, Zobrist has a .363 wOBA and 125 wRC+ versus lefties while he is hitting for a meager .251 wOBA and 52 wRC+ against righties.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017