Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 20.
Today is an ace day! We have Sale, Bumgarner, Hamels, Salazar, G Richards, Archer and Bartolo Colon throwing today (just wanted to see if you were paying attention). In any event, on days where top flight pitchers are throwing, choosing your hitters wisely is a must. You have less budget if you are going to pay up for pitching.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Matt Carpenter vs. Kyle Hendricks – 6/10 with a homer and 2 walks
- Matt Holliday vs. Kyle Hendricks – 6/12 with 2 homers
- Adrian Gonzalez vs. Julio Teheran – 4/12 with 2 extra base hits including a homer and added 2 walks
- Evan Gattis vs. Cole Hamels – 4/13 with 2 homers
Stacks to Target:
- Brewers RHB vs. Tommy Milone – Milone allowed a .455 slugging percentage to right-handed hitters last year. Ryan Braun, Jonathan Lucroy and Chris Carter make for a fun stack today.
- Dodgers LHB vs. Julio Teheran – Teheran has allowed an atrocious wOBA of .472 to lefties thus far in 2016, after allowing a terrible .386 wOBA to lefties in 2015. Utley, Seager and A-Gone are a nice start to a stack. Even Joc Pederson is in play.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Cubs at St. Louis – Chance of rain
- Angels at White Sox – 10 MPH wind blowing in
- Tigers at Royals – 10 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Ubaldo Jimenez vs. Blue Jays – I think many people will be targeting hitters in this game, but I like the pitchers. Jimenez was 3-1 with a 2.55 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 24.2 innings against the Blue Jays last year. And over his career Jose Bautista is only 2/30 and Josh Donaldson 2/18 against the Orioles righty.
- R.A. Dickey vs. Orioles – Dickey held the Orioles scoreless in his only outing against them in 2015 after limiting them with a 2.89 ERA in 2014. Adam Jones (3/25) among others have had trouble with the knuckleballer.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Corey Seager vs. Julio Teheran – Seager has a career .383 wOBA and 147 wRC+ against right-handed pitching and I have already outlined Teheran’s struggles with left-handed bats. Take advantage!
- Jonathan Lucroy vs. Tommy Milone – Lucroy has actually gotten off to a bit of a slow start against lefties this season, but in his career he has a .361 wOBA against southpaws. I expect good things today.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.