Happy Labor Day everyone! MLB looks to want to satisfy our baseball urges on this statutory holiday by scheduling an amazing 13 afternoon games. And, by luck of the draw, there are many aces on the mound today to further enhance our baseball viewing pleasure. Let’s see what we came up with for our DFS lineups.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jake Lamb vs. Kenta Maeda – 6/10 with 3 doubles, a homer and a walk
- Carlos Beltran vs. Felix Hernandez – 6/11 with 4 doubles and 2 walks
- David Ortiz vs. Edwin Jackson – 9/22 with 2 doubles, 2 homers and 7 walks. NOTE: Ortiz will likely be on the bench today in a National League park.
- Brandon Belt vs. Chad Bettis – 7/13 with 2 doubles and 3 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Giants at Rockies – Coors Field effect in play!
- Red Sox vs. Edwin Jackson – I likely do not need to tell you that the Red Sox offense has been the best in the majors this year, and they are at their best against right-handed pitching where they have a .351 team wOBA and .185 ISO. Jackson is quite simply not a good pitcher with his 6.26 ERA accompanied by a 12.9% K-Rate and 11.7% BB-Rate. I can’t see him pitching more than 4 innings as the Red Sox should get to him early and often.
- Phillies vs. Jake Esch – There are a lot of expensive pitchers on the slate today, so if you are looking to load up on pitching today, I like a Phillies stack. Yes – the Phillies are putrid on offense. But they are facing Esch who had a 4.03 ERA at AA and a 5.70 ERA at AAA this season. At AAA, Esch had 5.32 K/9 and 3.42 BB/9, clearly displaying less than overwhelming stuff. He has made one MLB start but he had trouble locating the plate and had more walks than strikeouts. The Phillies have a good shot at 6-7 runs today, so if you pick the right aces, a Phillies stack + your aces could be a recipe for success in GPPs.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Kyle Hendricks vs. Brewers – Hendricks has traditionally fared well against these Brewers, holding this lineup to a sparkling .171/.216/.205 line. In the 2nd half of the year, Hendricks has been amazing against everyone with a 1.34 ERA. In fact, he has only allowed more than 2 earned runs once since June, and in that game he allowed 3 runs. While not known as a strikeout pitcher, Hendricks has some K upside against the Brewers who have a 25.7% K-Rate against right-handed pitchers, while Hendricks’ K-Rate is up to 23.5% in the 2nd half. He is the 6th most expensive pitcher on DraftKings but could be the best of the bunch today.
- Zack Greinke vs. Dodgers – Greinke loves pitching at Dodger Stadium where he is 29-5 in his career with a 2.00 ERA, 0.928 WHIP, and a slash against of .207/.248/.322. He has also fared well against this current Dodger lineup holding them to a .185/.233/.345 line. He is very affordable on the major sites and could be in for a nice game.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Red Sox at Padres – 10 MPH wind blowing out
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Christian Yelich vs. Jerad Eickhoff – Eickhoff struggles against lefties and Yelich is good against righties with a .397 wOBA and 150 wRC+.
- Brandon Moss vs. Chad Kuhl – Moss loves facing righties of this ilk and has a solid .375 wOBA and 136 wRC+ against all righties this year.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017