I referenced this earlier this week, but now it is official – DraftKings has launched its Private League format. This means that I can set up a league for our Fantasy Assembly readers (+ writers) and we can play against each other. If we get this going, I can also send out advice and tips based on the lineups that you put into our contests. If you would like to be in a Fantasy Assembly DraftKings league, shoot me a DM on Twitter (@AssemblyNeil) or leave a comment into the comments section. I will need your DraftKings handle or your email address to send you an invite. I will keep the entry fee small (probably $1) and will limit the amount of entries as well. Let’s make this happen.
Today, we have 2 afternoon and 9 evening games with some aces toeing the bump. I have a decent early feel for today, so hopefully I can help you pick some winners.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Brian Dozier vs. Dillon Gee – 4/11 with a double, 2 homers and a walk
- Jose Abreu vs. Danny Salazar – 6/16 with a double and 3 homers
- Joe Mauer vs. Dillon Gee – 5/10 with a double and a walk
- Leonys Martin vs. Matt Shoemaker – 7/17 with 2 doubles and a homer
Stacks to Target:
- Twins vs. Dillon Gee – The Twins have been really hot with the bat, ranking 4th in the majors in runs scored and OPS since the all-star break. Gee, on the other hand, has been ice-cold with a 6.07 ERA and .379 wOBA in the 2nd half. If that were not enough, the Twins love facing Gee as their lineup has a collective .394/.429/.685 line against the Royals’ righty. This is my stack of the day.
- Dodgers vs. Jerad Eickhoff – Eickhoff is a nice young pitcher, but his Achilles heel has been getting left-handed batters out. In the last 2 seasons combined, he has an ugly wOBA of .347 versus left-handed bats. The Dodgers sport a pretty potent lineup of lefties these days with Chase Utley, Corey Seager, Josh Reddick, Adrian Gonzalez, Yasmani Grandal and Joc Pederson. On top of that, the Dodgers’ offense has been red-hot ranking 2nd in MLB in OPS and 1st in SLG% since the all-star break. This could be a big game for them.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Jose Fernandez vs. Reds – For my high-priced pitcher of the day, I like Fernandez slightly better than Bumgarner and a tick more than Salazar as well. If you are playing the early slate, Arrieta against Milwaukee is a no-brainer. The Reds have a mediocre .308 wOBA versus righties and an average K-rate of 21.3%. Fernandez is far and away the leader today in K-Rate at 35.7% and K/9 at 12.94. He stifled the Reds about a month ago on July 8, allowing zero earned runs in 7 IP with 8 strikeouts. I expect more of the same with even more strikeouts today.
- Joe Musgrove vs. Orioles – This is a tough match-up for the young righty, but Musgrove has started his major league career with guns blazing. His K-Rate is at 31.3% and his BB/9 is under 1.00, which is no fluke since it was under 1.50 throughout his entire minor league career. In his 3 major league appearances, Musgrove has faced the Blue Jays twice and the Rangers once, so potent, righty-heavy lineups clearly do not scare him. He costs only $7,000 on DraftKings and $6,500 on FanDuel and is a solid GPP play.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Brewers at Cubs – chance of rain
- Nationals at Braves – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Sandy Leon vs. Matt Boyd – Leon has had an otherworldly offensive season – seemingly out of nowhere, and he is punishing lefties with a .545 wOBA and 248 wRC+.
- Mike Napoli vs. Carlos Rodon – Napoli continues to hit lefties well with a .407 wOBA and 159 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017