Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 12
How’s everyone doing today? It looks like another fun docket in DFS today as there are some solid pitchers on the mound today (Lester, Salazar, Hamels) and a lot of lefties throwing, so a lot of platoon splits to take advantage of. Let’s get right into it.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jedd Gyorko vs. Jon Niese – 6/11 with 2 doubles and a homer
- Freddie Freeman vs. Jon Lester – 4/11 with a homer, a double and a walk
- David Freese vs. Mike Leake – 9/19 with 2 doubles, a homer and a walk
- Matt Carpenter vs. Jon Niese – 4/10 with 2 doubles and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Padres at Rockies – The Coors Field Effect – It has been a comparatively low scoring series at Coors Field, but I would never shy away from using batters here.
- Rays vs. Dallas Keuchel – Oh how the mighty have fallen. Keuchel is really struggling along this year, giving up a .358 wOBA to right-handed batters and a .350 wOBA on the road. The Rays love hitting against southpaws, especially with Logan Forsythe back from injury. They rank a very solid 3rd in MLB in OPS versus lefties at .820, and 2nd in slugging at .481. Look for Evan Longoria and the boys to have another strong showing.
- Red Sox vs. Pat Dean – While the Rays rank 2nd in the AL in OPS versus lefties, it is not surprising that the mashing boys from Boston rank first. Dean is a soft-tossing pitch to contact lefty, and I can’t see the Red Sox having much trouble with this kind of pitcher. His already elevated 33.7% hard contact rate will likely rise some more points today after this outing.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Tigers at Yankees – 18 MPH wind blowing out
- Phillies at Nationals – windy day – 20 MPH wind blowing left to right
- Cardinals at Pirates – 15 MPH wind blowing out
Pitchers of the Day:
- Joe Ross vs. Phillies – Ross is a very reasonably costing $9,200 on DraftKings today, and is one of the slate’s top pitchers – especially against this opponent. In 2 starts versus Philly this year, Ross has gone 14.2 innings allowing only 1 run on 6 hits and 4 walks with 10 strikeouts. Ross is usually very effective at home as his career wOBA allowed is .260. Start him with confidence.
- Steven Matz vs. Brewers – While the Brewers don’t strike out against lefties at the same prolific rate as they do against righties, their 22.4% K-rate against southpaws is still pretty elevated. Matz is a K/IP pitcher (slightly above actually) and could get into double digits in strikeouts for the first time this year. He is the 3rd most expensive pitcher, but carries the most upside.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Logan Forsythe vs. Dallas Keuchel – Forsythe abuses lefties with a .452 wOBA and 195 wRC+.
- Stephen Piscotty vs. Jon Niese – Piscotty has been one of the majors best versus southpaws this year with a .490 wOBA and 216 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017