Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 10
What a difference a day makes! Yesterday I had to tout pitchers like Nate Karns and Jimmy Nelson because the slate was barren of top pitching options. Tonight, we have Kershaw, Strasburg, Sale, Cueto, Kluber and others to choose from. There are some pretty good hitting options as well. Let’s see what we can do.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Andrew McCutchen vs. Michael Wacha – 12/22 with 3 doubles, a homer and 2 walks
- Brian McCann vs. Mike Pelfrey – 20/43 with 8 doubles, 2 homers and 7 walks
- Matt Carpenter vs. Gerritt Cole – 9/24 with a double, 3 homers and 3 walks
- Nick Markakis vs. Jason Hammell – 9/19 with a homer
Stacks to Target:
- Padres at Rockies – The Coors Field Effect – Jon Gray pitches for the Rockies and Cashner for the Padres. I like the Rockies a bit better tonight, but every player in this game is in play.
- Yankees vs. Mike Pelfrey – Pelfrey has been struggling this season with a low strikeout rate and a high walk rate. He is also allowing hard contact at a 32.2% clip which would be a career high. The Yankees like to face this pitcher as their lineup has a collective .400/.455/.591 line against him.
- Pirates vs. Michael Wacha – The Pirates have an underrated offense ranking 5th in OPS and 6th in runs scored. And Wacha is having a down year as his velocity is down, his walks are up, and he is allowing line drives at a 27.5% clip which would be a career high (by quite a bit). The Pirates also like facing Wacha with a .370/.421/.542 career mark against him.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Red Sox at Twins – chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Stephen Strasburg vs. Phillies – Of the elite pitchers, Strasburg has the best match-up today against the Phillies offense that ranks 29th in team OPS. Strasburg is tearing it up this year ranking 4th in NL in strikeouts, 2nd in K/9, 8th in FIP and 7th in K/BB. His salary is almost as high as Kershaw’s tonight and that might keep people away. He’s my top pitcher of the night.
- Matt Harvey vs. Brewers – This is probably our last chance to grab Harvey at bargain basement prices on DraftKings where he is still salaried at $8,300 – lower than Jon Gray at Coors, Matt Andriese, Ian Kennedy and others. Harvey has allowed only 6 hits and 1 ER in his last 14 innings and is finding himself. The only thing that hasn’t really returned is the strikeouts, but today he faces the Brewers whose 26.3% strikeout rate against righties is tops in the majors. I think Harvey is a top 5 pitcher today and is the 14th most expensive.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Marcell Ozuna vs. Patrick Corbin – Corbin is this year’s king of hard contact allowed (39.1%) and Ozuna is killing lefties with a .550 wOBA and 254 wRC+. I also like Giancarlo Stanton tonight, who will likely have low ownership due to his struggles this year.
- Franklin Gutierrez vs. Derek Holland – Gutierrez started off slowly, but is back to his lefty mashing self bringing his overall season line against southpaws back up to .373 wOBA and 141 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017