Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 7
There are no real aces on the hill again tonight, but there are some very positive pitching match-ups. There is also value to be had among hitters. It should be a fun Tuesday for DFS and hopefully it will be a winning one too. Let’s see how we do.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Justin Turner vs. Eddie Butler – 8/11 with 3 doubles and 2 walks
- Yunel Escobar vs. Michael Pineda – 7/15 with 2 homers, a double and 2 walks
- Logan Morrison vs. Zach Greinke – 5/10 with 2 doubles and 2 walks
- Lorenzo Cain vs. Ubaldo Jimenez – 8/17 with a homer and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Marlins vs. Pat Dean – Dean’s numbers look respectable thanks in part to a 20.9% K-rate. That number looks to be a mirage though as Dean hasn’t posted a K-rate in the minor leagues that was over 14% since 2011. Once batters start putting more bats on balls, Dean’s 35.0% hard contact rate should translate into some base hits and homers. The Marlins are 4th in the majors in batting average versus lefties at .274. Let’s win with the Fish today.
- Cardinals vs. John Lamb – Lamb has a minuscule K/9 of 4.70. an elevated BB/9 of 3.82, and has coupled that with a hard contact rate of 39.1%. Truth be told, Lamb is lucky his ERA is not even higher than it is. The Cardinals are the #2 team in baseball in both runs scored and OPS. Could be a long night for Lamb.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Mets at Pirates – 13 MPH wind blowing out
- Angels at Yankees – 12 MPH wind blowing out
- Cubs at Phillies – 13 MPH wind blowing out
- Blue Jays at Tigers – 14 MPH wind blowing out
Pitchers of the Day:
- Julio Urias vs. Rockies – The Rockies imposing offense becomes much less so on the road as they rank 17th in MLB in road OPS. Urias has struggled in the major leagues thus far though a .400 BABIP has not helped, and neither has an elevated walk rate of 5.87 BB/9, which is far higher than anything he’s done in the minors. I trust the longer track record on Urias and his 2.63 career minor league ERA. He is a great play tonight for only $5,900 on DraftKings.
- Kyle Hendricks vs. Phillies – The Phillies have surprised many by being mediocre and not terrible this year, but that is due to their pitching staff stepping up. Their offense is still awful as they rank near the bottom at 29th in OPS in the majors. Hendricks is a ground ball and soft contact inducing machine as his GB rate is at 57.6% and his soft contact rate is a very impressive 29.2%. He could be in for a great performance.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Adrian Beltre vs. Dallas Keuchel – Keuchel has struggled with righties this year, allowing a .344 wOBA. Beltre can still get the job done versus lefties with a .382 wOBA and 137 wRC+.
- Edwin Encarnacion vs. Matt Boyd – The Jays have not been their dominant selves against left-handed pitchers this year, but EE is still mashing southpaws. He currently has an impressive .422 wOBA and 169 wRC+ against lefties on the year.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017