Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 6
For those who are curious about my grudge match with my brother yesterday, I destroyed him 167.15 – 78.60. If I have time in the next couple of days, I will actually break down this head-to-head in a strategy article, because while my brother is a great season long fantasy player, he made some DFS unforced errors. It goes to show that it takes more than generalized sports knowledge to win at daily fantasy.
As for today’s slate, we have 10 games on the docket. Weather does not look like as much of an issue and pitchers’ salaries are fairly affordable. Find the bats you like and target them because you should be able to get your ideal lineup under the cap.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Carlos Correa vs. Colby Lewis – 5/12 with a double and 2 homers
- Carlos Gonzalez vs. Mike Bolsinger – 5/11 with a homer a double and a walk
- Kyle Seager vs. Trevor Bauer – 5/12 with a homer and a double
- Ian Kinsler vs. J.A. Happ – 3/10 with a double a homer and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Cubs vs. Adam Morgan – Morgan is allowing hard contact at a 36.2% clip and fly balls at a 40.2% rate. With those kinds of numbers, it is not surprising that he has an ugly ERA of 7.07 and an almost as ugly xFIP of 5.02. The Cubs score the most runs per game in the National League and should have no problem with a middling pitcher like this.
- Rays vs. Robbie Ray – I always write these columns making the assumption that some people are reading me for the first time. So I am sure that some of you are sick of me touting the Rays versus lefties, but I will continue to blow that horn. The Rays’ offense which is mediocre overall, is actually dynamite versus southpaws ranking 3rd in MLB in OPS. Robbie Ray is a nice opponent for them as he has allowed right-handed bats to have a .382 wOBA against him. Give me the Rays for the win.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Blue Jays vs. Tigers – rain possibility with swirling wind
Pitchers of the Day:
- Tyler Chatwood vs. Dodgers – The Dodgers have a .199 team batting average over the last 7 days, and if not for the scorching hot Corey Seager, they would really be scuffling. Chatwood has been a revelation on the road this year with a sparkling 0.53 ERA away from Coors Field. While his numbers won’t stay that pristine, his 57.6% ground ball rate is impressive – as is his increasing soft contact and declining hard contact rates. He is a bit overpriced on DraftKings but I think that might knock his ownership down a peg.
- Masahiro Tanaka vs. Angels – Tanaka is having a really nice season, with him tossing 6 innings+ with 2 ER or less in 7 of his last 10 starts. He ranks 3rd in the AL in WHIP, 8th in ERA, 7th in K/BB and 7th in FIP. Yet, he is only 7th in DK salary today against a middling Angels offense. Maybe someone else will be grabbing the more expensive Colby Lewis or J.A. Happ – I’ll take the superior pitcher in Tanaka tonight.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Mike Napoli vs. James Paxton – Noted lefty killer Napoli is at it again this year with a .372 wOBA and 137 wRC+.
- Joey Rickard vs. Danny Duffy – Rickard has proven to be effective against southpaws with a .355 wOBA and 122 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017