Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for May 29
It’s a busy Sunday for yours truly. First, I have a dance recital for my youngest daughter. Then I have memorial services for two separate friends of mine that passed away recently. Both in their early 30s – really quite sad. Be sure to hug your loved ones because life is short and can be taken at any time.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Brian McCann vs. Jake Odorizzi – 12/20 4 homers 3 doubles and 2 walks
- Kelby Tomlinson vs. Chris Rusin – 5/10 two doubles a homer and a walk
- Travis Shaw vs, RA Dickey – 4/10 with 2 doubles, two homer, and two walks
- Jay Bruce vs. Jimmy Nelson – 7/17 with 3 doubles 2 homers and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Pirates vs. Martin Perez – Pittsburgh is 2nd in the majors in OPS versus lefties at .827. Texas is a hitter’s paradise and Perez is a soft tossing lefty. Target this one.
- Angels vs. Doug Fister – The Angels bats have been coming alive, and Fister is allowing a career high 29.5% hard contact. He doesn’t fool guys with his K/9 under 5.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Phillies at Cubs – 12 MPH wind blowing out
- Pirates at Rangers – rain chance
Pitchers of the Day:
- Edinson Volquez vs. White Sox – The Pale Hose only hit .219/.270/.338 versus Volquez. This is a GPP play only as Volquez faces off against Chris Sale and will be hard pressed to get a victory.
- John Lackey vs. Phillies – Philly is only 27th in MLB in OPS versus righties. Lackey should get it done.
NOTE: Kershaw and Sale are on the mound today in pretty good match-ups. If you want to pay up for pitching or are playing cash games, that is obviously the way to go.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- David Freese vs. Martin Perez – .403 wOBA and 158 wRC+ versus lefties
- Francisco Cervelli vs. Martin Perez – .350 wOBA and 122 wRC+ versus lefties
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.