Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for May 6
Interesting day today as there are a lot of top flight pitchers hurling today with Madison Bumgarner, Max Scherzer, Kenta Maeda, Chris Archer, Jordan Zimmerman, Zach Greinke and others on tap. On days like this, it is crucial to pick the right hitters and the right expensive pitchers. Let’s get right to it.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Miguel Cabrera vs. Cole Hamels – 8/13 with 3 doubles and 5 walks
- Gregory Polanco vs. Carlos Martinez – 8/13 with 3 2B and 4 walks
- Jayson Werth vs. John Lackey – 7/14 with 4 doubles a homer and a walk
- Jacoby Ellsbury vs. Rick Porcello – 12/26 with 4 homers 2 doubles and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Reds vs. Tyler Cravy – This one may be highly owned, but nonetheless, Cravy has allowed a .378 wOBA to lefties over his career. Stack Jay Bruce and Joey Votto and build around them – Duvall is a nice play too.
- White Sox vs. Ricky Nolasco – The Pale Hose don’t boast too many left-handed bats, but play the ones they have. Nolasco has allowed a .340 wOBA to lefties over his long career. I like Melky and Adam Eaton to start your stack and build around that core.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- A’s at Orioles – Chance of rain
- Red Sox at Yankees – 12 MPH wind blowing in
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Taijuan Walker vs. Houston – I love this play! With so many aces on the mound, Walker may get overlooked but he shouldn’t as he is throwing great. Walker has greatly cut down his walks and leads the AL in K/BB ratio and is 2nd in BB/9. His ground ball rate is also way up, his hard contact rate way down and his soft contact rate way up. The Astros strike out most in MLB and Walker still has swing and miss stuff with an 8.70 K/9. If Walker has a bad day, I will lose some coin today because I am rolling with him in the majority of my lineups.
- Zach Greinke vs. Atlanta – Greinke’s BABIP is artificially high at .347 and his strand rate is very low at 66.7% which means a correction is coming soon. The Braves have been hitting a bit better as of late, but still have a weak lineup. I don’t think Greinke will be as highly owned as some of the others studs and he will make his way into a few of my lineups.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Jay Bruce vs. Tyler Cravy – Bruce has a rock solid .365 wOBA versus lefties on the year.
- David Peralta vs. Aaron Blair – Peralta hits in the middle of the DBacks lineup and should take advantage of Braves righty Aaron Blair. Peralta has a very nice .343 wOBA versus right-handed pitching on the year.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.