Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for May 5
Despite actually being profitable yesterday, the guys I wrote about did not have a good day. Did I actually tout Kris Medlen as a sneaky play? Oy! I’ll stand by the Orioles against the Yankees as that was a good play that didn’t work out. On to today…
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jonathan Lucroy vs. Alfredo Simon – 6/10 with 2 homers and a walk
- Kelby Tomlinson vs. Chris Rusin – 4/8 with a double and a homer
- Jose Altuve vs. Wade Miley – 7/12 with 3 2B
- Evan Gattis vs. Wade Miley – 4/8 with 2 2B
Stacks to Target:
- Astros vs. Wade Miley – The Astros have struggled out of the gate, but one area where they have still excelled is mashing lefties as they rank tied for 1st in the AL in team OPS against southpaws. Miley looked sharp his last time out but many of the Astros have good numbers against him. I think they’ll do well in this spot.
- Reds vs. Chase Anderson – Anderson’s ERA does not look like the dumpster fire that it could be as he has a slash line allowed of .340/.404/.606. The Reds are not world beaters, but their lineup is certainly capable of putting up crooked numbers. I like this as a low owned stack.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Tigers at Indians – 10 MPH wind blowing in
- Brewers at Reds – 12 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Derek Holland vs. Blue Jays (ultra contrarian!) – I have been waiting for the Blue Jays to get back to their lefty mashing ways and was sure they were going to do so against Martin Perez – but it didn’t happen. On the season, the Jays are an ice-cold .218/.292/.394 against southpaws and while they will turn it around eventually, I may roll the dice today. Holland will likely be only 2-3 percent owned and has a chance for a decent day. (GPP play only!!)
- Michael Fulmer vs. Indians – I watched Fulmer’s first start and I liked what I saw. He has a fastball that averages more than 95 MPH and could touch 98 and a wicked slider. The Indians are hitting only .228 in their last 7. I think Fulmer will put up some points.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Marcell Ozuna vs. Robbie Ray – Ozuna has been tattooing lefties with a .511 wOBA and 218 wRC+. Ray struggled his last time out and Ozuna could benefit here.
- Evan Gattis vs. Wade Miley – Gattis has good career numbers against Miley and while he has not hit righties yet this year, his wOBA sits at .384 and wRC+ at 152 against southpaws.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017