Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for May 2
Usually before starting my research in earnest, I take a look at the day’s pitching match-ups and based on previous research or just my amateur scouting eye, I get a feel for the day’s slate. Today, however, nothing jumped out at me before delving into the numbers. That just means it was a little bit of extra work, but I am ready to rock right now.
Tonight’s slate has a couple of pitchers that stand out in Dallas Keuchel and Gerrit Cole, and a couple of hitting teams in good match-ups like the Mets at home against the erratic Mike Foltyniewicz. Let’s get right to it.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Nolan Arenado vs. James Shields – 12/23 with a double 4 homers and walk
- Alex Gordon vs. Gio Gonzalez – 4/10 with 2 doubles a homer and 2 walks
- Carlos Gonzalez vs. James Shields – 9/25 with 2 doubles 3 homers and 2 walks
- Francisco Cervelli vs. Jason Hammel – 5/10 with a double
Stacks to Target:
- Mets LHB vs. Mike Foltyniewicz – Folty makes his first major league start in 2016, but if 2015 is an indicator he really struggles versus left-handed hitting. In his maiden season, he allowed a .323/.373/.597 line to opposite handed bats. The Mets have a bunch of good lefty hitters including Granderson, Duda, Walker and Conforto.
- Mariners vs. Kendall Graveman – Graveman really enjoys pitching in his friendly pitching park home in Oakland. But, on the road, he has run in to difficulty where he has a .353 career wOBA. The Mariners will be a low owned stack that is worth targeting in GPPs.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
None! Let’s play ball!
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Nate Karns vs. Oakland – The A’s have the worst team OPS in the American League at .669 and Karns is an underrated and effective pitcher. He strikes guys out (9.67 K/9) and should be able to keep the A’s anemic line-up in check.
- Jimmy Nelson vs. Angels – The Angels have managed the worst OPS in the American League against right-handed pitching at .637. Vegas likes this game for a lot of runs, which means that Nelson will be low owned. I like him at home against the Angels.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Lucas Duda vs. Foltyniewicz – Duda has a nice .288/.319/.470 line against right-handed pitching this year but is hitting a mere .077/.143/.308 against southpaws. He has a good match-up against a hittable righty today and will be a nice play.
- Robinson Cano vs. Graveman – Cano has extreme platoon splits this year hitting a robust .305/.388/.695 versus right-handed pitching and a puny .132/.175/.237 against southpaws. Fire him up today.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017