Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 27
Today is a weird day for daily fantasy. Jake Arrieta is the clear and obvious play at pitcher, but he is very expensive. And the Rockies get a sweetheart match-up against a lefty at Coors. I think there will be a lot of lineup overlap. In GPPs, there are some decent plays – even the Phillies versus Gio Gonzalez tickles my fancy a bit. Let’s get right to it.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Geovany Soto vs. Chris Young – 4/9 with 2 homers
- Mark Reynolds vs. Jon Niese – 8/15 with 2 homers and walk
- Matt Wieters vs. Matt Moore – 8/17 with 2 homers a double and 3 walks
- Marwin Gonzalez vs. Hisashi Iwakuma – 8/14 with a double and a homer
Stacks to Target:
- Pirates and especially Rockies – Coors Field effect. The Rockies have a collective .392/.429/.605 line against Niese. And of course, it is Coors so target hitting
- Rangers vs. CC Sabathia – The Rangers have smoked CC to a collective .330/.363/.464 line led by Elvis Andrus (10/22).
- Red Sox vs. Bud Norris – Bud Norris is bad. The Red Sox can hit.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Padres at Giants – 15 MPH wind blowing out with some rain possible
- Brewers at Cubs – 16 MPH wind blowing in with rain possible
- Indians at Twins – 15 MPH wind blowing in with rain possible
- Royals at Angels – 12 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Marco Estrada vs. White Sox – Estrada has not yielded a run at home this year after a sparkling 2015 in the Rogers Center where he had a 2.95 ERA and a .266 wOBA allowed.
- Steven Wright vs. Braves – Wright has a 1.40 ERA with 17 strikeouts in 19 innings. His fastball usage is up and has been effective and he gets to challenge the weak Braves’ hitting lineup.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Darrin Ruf vs. Gio Gonzalez – Ruf has owned left-handed pitching in his career with a .401 wOBA and 156 wRC+. He has been even better against Gio going 9/26 with 3 homers, 3 doubles and 8 walks.
- Ryan Raburn vs. Jon Niese – Raburn is a bit cheaper than some other Rockies, but he shouldn’t be. He has a .519 wOBA and 206 wRC+ against lefties this year. It is no fluke as he had a .423 wOBA and 173 wRC+ last season.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017