Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 19.
Daily Fantasy can be a cruel mistress. I loved Carlos Rodon yesterday and had him in 4 of my 5 lineups, which didn’t go so well. At least the 5th lineup was profitable. Despite getting burned yesterday, I am going back to the well and targeting a pitcher against the Angels today. They hit righties even worse than lefties. Let’s hope it’s a good day.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Giancarlo Stanton vs. Stephen Strasburg – 13/32 with 9 extra base hits including 3 homers and added 5 walks
- David Ortiz vs. Drew Smyly – 5/11 with 2 extra base hits including a homer and added 2 walks
- Yadier Molina vs. Jason Hammel – 6/13 with 3 extra base hits and added a walk
- Marcel Ozuna vs. Stephen Strasburg – 8/22 with extra base hits including 2 homers and added 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Astros vs. Derek Holland– The Astros have the 4th highest OPS in the majors against lefties at .875. They have also destroyed Holland in the past with a .406/.454/.796 collective line.
- Diamondbacks vs. Matt Cain – The Diamondbacks have shown some signs of life offensively, scoring 9 runs yesterday and 7 runs on Sunday. They love facing Matt Cain as well with a collective line of .325/.389/.519 against the Giants’ righty.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Milwaukee at Minnesota – 11 MPH wind blowing in
- Seattle at Cleveland – 12 MPH wind blowing in
- Toronto at Baltimore – 12 MPH wind blowing in
- Cubs at St. Louis – chance of rain
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Adam Conley vs. Nationals – Conley is dirt cheap on the main DFS sites today and is a good punt option if you want to spend on hitters. He went 6 innings, allowing no earned runs and striking out 9 his last time out after a very solid spring training. He’ll be low owned and a nice play in tournaments.
- Mat Latos vs. Angels – If you don’t like Conley, another play that I love in GPPs is Mat Latos. Latos has looked like his erstwhile self thus far this season with a 0.75 ERA, while the Angels are dead last in OPS against right-handed pitching with a .555 number.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Alex Rodriguez vs. Erik Surkamp – A-Rod was below average against right-handed pitching in 2015, but feasted on lefties with a .389 wOBA and 148 wRC+. Surkamp is a pretty mediocre southpaw. A-Rod could be in for a nice day.
- Adonis Garcia vs. Alex Wood – If you want a player who will be under 5% owned but has a chance at a great day, I think Garcia is a good option. He hasn’t been hitting that well thus far in 2016, but in 2015 he smoked lefties with a .412 wOBA and 166 wRC+. Might be a good play to differentiate your GPP lineup.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017