Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 16.
It’s the weekend and the weather is beautiful here in Montreal! My own baseball team has its first practice today, so it really feels like baseball season. Let’s see if we can have a great daily fantasy day too.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Albert Pujols vs. Ricky Nolasco – 13/25 with 8 extra base hits including 3 homers
- A.J. Pierzynski vs. Tom Koehler – 7/15 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers and added a walk
- J.J. Hardy vs. Colby Lewis – 6/18 with 4 extra base hits and 2 homers
- Jose Bautista vs. David Price – 16/49 with 8 extra base hits including 5 homers. Added 7 walks.
Stacks to Target:
- Cubs (Especially RHP) vs. Christian Bergman– In his career (which spans over 70 IP), Bergman has allowed an astounding .356/.385/612 batting line to right-handed hitters. Fire up Kris Bryant, Jorge Soler and Addison Russell and thank me later.
- Pirates vs. Taylor Jungmann – Jungmann is a different pitcher at home versus on the road. In his career at home he has a 2.17 ERA, but it swells to an ugly 5.93 on the road. He is at Pittsburgh today and the Pirates should do some damage.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Orioles at Rangers – 16 MPH wind blowing in with a chance of rain
- Blue Jays at Red Sox – 13 MPH wind blowing in
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Justin Verlander vs. Astros – Verlander will likely be low owned with several aces on the mound today and him not pitching well to start the year. But he dominated the Astros in his only start against them in 2015 and Houston is whiff prone. I like this as a GPP play.
- Shelby Miller vs. Padres – Maybe this isn’t so sneaky, but there are a lot of aces pitching today and Miller finds himself firmly in the second tier. The Padres finally scored their first two runs of the season at home yesterday. Miller should cure what has been ailing him by dominating this anemic offense.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Logan Forsythe vs. John Danks – Make sure you check starting lineups because Forsythe was forced to leave last night’s game early. If he plays, he is one of my favorite platoon split players. In 2015 he smoked lefties with a .405 wOBA and 164 wRC+.
- Evan Longoria vs. John Danks – We’ll stick with this game for my next sneaky platoon split hitter. In fact, the Rays as a team are sneaky against lefties. Longoria had a .398 wOBA and 159 wRC+ vs. LHP last year.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017