Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 14.
I’ve got to be honest here, I can’t wait until the Rockies hit the road tomorrow. In my opinion, daily fantasy baseball is so much less fun when there are games at Coors. If you fade the Rockies and their opponent, you likely get burned – so everyone is picking from that game alone and diversifying pitching. I’ll be playing the night slate only because I am sick of the thin air.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Bryce Harper vs. Julio Teheran – 11/25 with 7 extra base hits including 4 homers. Added 4 walks.
- Jose Lobaton vs. Julio Teheran – 7/15 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers. Added 3 walks.
- Adrian Beltre vs. Chris Tillman – 6/12 with 3 extra base hits including a homer
- Matt Carpenter vs. Wily Peralta – 15/33 with 6 extra base hits including 3 homers. Added 4 walks.
Stacks to Target:
- Giants vs. Rockies at Coors Field – The over/under is of course highest at Coors. The Matt Cain versus Jorge de la Rosa pitching match-up scares no one.
- Cardinals vs. Wily Peralta – Peralta was 0-4 with a 5.73 ERA and 1.545 WHIP against the Cardinals in 2015.
- Nationals vs. Julio Teheran – Washington hit a collective .362/.418/.652 against Teheran in 2015.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
None! Let’s play ball!
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Raisel Iglesias vs. Cubs – Iglesias will likely be low owned because he is facing the Cubs at Wrigley. But, Iglesias is a good strikeout pitcher and the Cubs are whiff prone. Iglesias struck out 18 Cubs in 12.2 IP in 2015 and added a respectable 2.84 ERA.
- Mat Latos vs. Twins – Latos was dealing in his first start with the Pale Hose and the Twins have struggled against right-handed pitchers with a .213/.279/.329 thus far.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Kike Hernandez vs. Robbie Ray – Kike Hernandez might be the best hitter in MLB against left-handed pitching (sorry Josh Donaldson). In 2015 he hit a blistering .423/.471/.744 against southpaws and has continued that crazy form into 2016 where he is hitting lefties at a .667 clip thus far. Robbie Ray is a decent but not dominant lefty. Look for Hernandez to do some damage from the top of the lineup.
- Carlos Ruiz vs. Drew Pomeranz – Pomeranz has stifled lefties throughout his career holding them to a .227 wOBA. Righties on the other hand, have a respectable .340 wOBA against him. In 2015, Chooch had a .380 wOBA and 142 wRC+ against southpaws. Fire him up today.
- Michael Saunders vs. Nathan Eovaldi – Eovaldi doesn’t do well against lefties, with a .312/.374/.406 batting line allowed in 2015 – and lefties hit .500 against him in his first start this year. The Blue Jays are righty heavy, but Saunders had a .359 wOBA and 136 wRC+ against righties in his last full year in 2014. Let’s see what he can do tonight.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Up and at ’em!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017