Neil (Mr. DFS) previews today’s game action and shares his top Daily Fantasy Plays for April 10, 2016.
Alright everyone – I need some positive daily fantasy karma from all of you today. I am currently sitting in 11th out of 9,583 in a DraftKings golf contest for the Masters (follow along here if you’d like). Let’s see if I can bring this one home!
While I’m watching golf, you all may be watching baseball and I am here to help. Here are some quick plays of the day. Hopefully you all listened when I said to take Matt Kemp and Vincent Velasquez yesterday.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Nolan Arenado vs. James Shields – 10/20 with 4 extra base hits including 3 homers
- Austin Jackson vs. Josh Tomlin – 7/16 with 5 extra base hits including a homer
- Stephen Vogt vs. Felix Hernandez – If you’re looking for an ultra contrarian GPP play. 11/21 with 3 extra base hits, including a homer and also added 2 walks.
- Alex Rodriguez vs. Justin Verlander – 11/32 with 6 extra base hits including 5 homers and added 4 walks.
- Bryce Harper vs. Tom Koehler – 7/24 with 5 homers.
Stacks to Target:
- Rockies vs. James Shields – Rockies (led by Nolan Arenado) have a career batting line of .306/.353/.564 against the Padres righty. And, of course, the game is at Coors.
- Cardinals lefties vs. Williams Perez – Lefties smoked Williams Perez last year with a .300/.377/.487 batting line.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Indians at White Sox – 18 MPH wind blowing in and rain.
- Twins at Royals – 10 MPH wind blowing out
- Dodgers at Giants – 10 MPH wind blowing out
- Yankees at Tigers – 12 MPH wind blowing in and rain
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Josh Tomlin vs. White Sox – 1-0 with a 2.38 ERA in 2 starts against Chicago in 2015 with 11.1 K/9.
- Joe Ross vs. Marlins – Ross was 4-2 with a 2.44 ERA and 0.902 WHIP at home last year.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Kolten Wong vs. Williams Perez – In case you are wondering who to target against Perez. Wong had a .335 wOBA and 114 wRC+ versus righties last year (and only .246 wOBA and 52 wRC+ against lefties).
- Matt Carpenter vs. Williams Perez – Carpenter is a destroyer of right-handed pitching and faces a pitcher who can’t get lefties out. .394 wOBA and 154 wRC+ against righties in 2015.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Let’s make today a winning day!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.