Don’t forget about your lefty/right platoon splits. Ryan Raburn, who mashed a homer against Patrick Corbin, was only 1.9% owned in the Moonshot yesterday. It looks like weather might be a factor with today’s slate so follow the radar before you lock in your lineups.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Rougned Odor vs. Hector Santiago – 9/17 with 4 extra base hits and a homer
- Albert Pujols vs. Derek Holland – 8/23 with 6 extra base hits and 3 homers
- Manny Machado vs. Phil Hughes – 8/16 with a homer
- Adrian Beltre vs. Hector Santiago – 8/28 with 6 extra base hits including 3 homers and also added 6 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Cubs vs. Rubby de la Rosa – Fly ball pitcher at Chase Field against some good home run hitters. I will be targeting Schwarber, Rizzo and Bryant heavily.
- Yankees vs. Mike Fiers (and the depleted bullpen) – It is always a bit of a Catch-22 to roster a team after they just put up a crooked number the day before. Recency bias leads many others to have the same stack. At the same time, the Astros bullpen will be depleted after Colin McHugh couldn’t get out of the 1st inning and the Yankees are in a good spot to put up some more runs.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Phillies @ Reds – 18 MPH wind blowing out – rain may be a factor
- White Sox @ A’s – 11 MPH wind blowing out
- Marlins @ Nationals – 14 MPH wind blowing out – rain may be a factor
- Dodgers @ Giants – 11 MPH wind blowing out
- Red Sox @ Indians – Strong wind blowing in – rain may be a factor
- Twins @ Orioles – Possibility of rainout
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Jake Peavy – 0.789 WHIP against the Dodgers last year. Has held the Dodgers lineup to a collective .188/.244/.329 line in his career.
- Ubaldo Jimenez – 2.72 career ERA versus the Twins with 9.8 K/9. Has held the current Twins lineup to a .636 team OPS with a nifty 36% K-rate.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Jayson Werth – Werth struggled against everyone last year, including lefties, but over his long career he has a .293/.392/.533 line against southpaws. He faces the Marlins and Adam Conley today.
- Kelby Tomlinson – Tomlinson will likely draw the start against the Dodgers’ Alex Wood. He was lights out against left-handed pitching last year with a .371 batting average and a .532 slugging percentage. This is a nice cheap play to pair with some more expensive hitters.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Good Luck Today!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.