In the absence of daily fantasy baseball (and football), I played a lot of DFS hockey this season. In hockey, you can set your lineups after the morning skate and not really pay too close attention. Yesterday, I was reminded how different things are in baseball. The late cancellation of the Boston/Cleveland game threw a monkey wrench into my lineups (I had a ton of both Price and Kluber exposure) and I was left scrambling. It was still a successful day as I was ahead on both DraftKings and FanDuel, highlighted by a 46th place finish out of 4,446 in one DraftKings tournament.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Kyle Seager – 10/20 with 3 homers versus Martin Perez
- Andrew McCutchen – 8/16 with 3 extra base hits versus Michael Wacha
- Rougned Odor – 5/11 with a homer versus Hisashi Iwakuma
- Alexei Ramirez – 8/22 with 4 extra base hits versus Scott Kazmir
Stacks to Target:
- Padres vs. Kazmir – After their abysmal performance yesterday, ownership percentages are bound to be low. .338/.405/.557 collective line versus Kazmir
- Cardinals vs. Niese – Team batting average of .309 versus Pirates’ lefty
Weather Factors to Target:
- Cubs @ Angels – 5 MPH wind blowing out. Increased homer chances
- Red Sox @ Indians – 34 degrees with a 7 MPH wind blowing in. Offense will be hard to come by
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Chris Bassitt – 2.28 home ERA and .267 home wOBA last season
- James Shields – Undefeated in 4 starts versus Dodgers last season with 9.0 K/9
Sneaky Batters of the Day:
- Ben Zobrist – .398 wOBA and 156 wRC+ vs. LHP last year. Faces off against Andrew Heaney of the Angels
- Nick Castellanos – One of my favorite plays against LHP. .414 wOBA and 165 wRC+ against southpaws in 2015 and faces Wei-Yin Chen.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
See y’all tomorrow!!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.