Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top Draft Kings plays for September 25th.
Today we have 15 games on the MLB schedule kicking off at 2:20 p.m with the Cubs and Pirates. As always, make sure to check your lineup prior to game time for any last-minute scratches, and be sure to check the weather forecast for any potential cancellations.
I am in the semi-finals of one season-long league, the finals of another and am leading yet another rotisserie league. I almost just want to pick guys who are on those teams because that is who I will be rooting for, but that won’t be doing you any favors – so I’ll tell you who I like today.:
Studs: Jose Fernandez, Miami Marlins ($12,700), Carlos Carrasco, Cleveland Indians ($10,300)
- The Braves can’t hit and Fernandez sure can pitch. The Atlanta lineup has a collective .184/.216/.280 line against the dynamic right-hander.
- Carrasco has stymied the Royals this year as he is 3-0 with a 2.25 ERA and 10.4 K/9.
Bang for Your Buck: Scott Kazmir, Houston Astros ($7,900), Jordan Zimmermann, Washington Nationals ($8,600)
- Kazmir is 2-1 with a 1.60 ERA and a 0.802 WHIP in 5 starts against the Rangers this year.
- Zimmermann is 8-3 with a 2.50 ERA at home this year.
Hail Mary: Rubby de la Rosa, Arizona Diamondbacks ($7,400), Vidal Nuno, Seattle Mariners ($5,900)
- Rubby is 3-0 with a 1.80 ERA and 1.00 WHIP versus the Padres this year.
- Angels are 2nd worst in the American League with a .660 OPS versus lefties. Nuno has been reasonably effective recently.
Studs: Chris Gimenez, Texas Rangers ($3,500)
.457 wOBA and 191 wRC+ against lefties this year. 2/7 with a homer and 2 walks against Kazmir.
Bang for your buck: John Jaso, Tampa Bay Rays ($3,000)
Jaso should be leading off against Dickey tonight. 3/7 with 2 XBH in his career versus the knuckleballer.
Hail Mary: Jason Castro, Houston Astros ($2,800)
7/20 with 3 extra-base hits, 3 walks and a homer against Yovani Gallardo.
Studs: Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona Diamondbacks ($5,200)
Goldschmidt is a centerpiece on both my team where I am in the semi-finals and the finals. Because of that, I know he has gotten hot again, going 7/16 with 5 runs, 3 homers and 3 walks this week. And when Goldie gets hot, he gets HOT. Ride him while you can.
Bang for your buck: Justin Morneau, Colorado Rockies ($3,900)
Great price for Morneau at Coors versus a righty. He has hit an amazing .411/.441/.607 at home versus opposite handed pitchers.
Hail Mary: Logan Morrison, Seattle Mariners ($2,900)
3 extra base hits including a homer to go along with 3 walks in 18 plate appearances against Garrett Richards.
Studs: Dustin Pedroia, Boston Red Sox ($4,600)
Pedroia is hitting .353/.415/.500 at home on the season.
Bang for your buck: Robinson Cano, Seattle Mariners ($4,000)
Remember when Robinson Cano was supposed to be done? Has hit .326 with 13 homers and 38 RBI in the 2nd half of the season. Also 7/22 with 3 extra-base hits in his career against Garrett Richards.
Hail Mary: Gordon Beckham, Chicago White Sox ($2,000)
10/23 in his career with a homer against CC Sabathia.
Studs: Francisco Lindor, Cleveland
Lindor has been amazing in the 2nd half with a .401 wOBA and 159 wRC+ since the all-star break.
Bang for your buck: Asdrubal Cabrera, Tampa Bay Rays ($3,400)
Batter versus pitcher stats against a knuckleballer are very meaningful – either you can hit it or you can’t. Cabrera is 6/16 with 4 extra-base hits including 2 homers against RA Dickey.
Hail Mary: JJ Hardy, Baltimore Orioles ($2,800)
Hardy is 4/10 in his career against Red Sox lefty Rich Hill.
Studs: Nolan Arenado, Colorado Rockies ($4,900)
.315/.348/.549 line at home. Pretty decent price for the Rockies hot corner-man.
Bank for your buck: Jed Lowrie, Houston Astros ($3,300)
Getting hot at the right time. .927 OPS over his last 10 games.
Hail Mary: Cody Asche, Philadelphia Phillies ($2,600)
6/15 including a homer against Jordan Zimmermann.
Studs: Bryce Harper, Washington Nationals ($6,100), Mookie Betts, Boston Red Sox ($4,800), Carlos Gonzalez, Colorado Rockies ($4,500)
- Jared Eickhoff has been impressive thus far but he certainly doesn’t want to see Harper. Young Bryce has a .352/.505/.753 line at home versus righties.
- Betts is rolling over the last 10 days with a .380/.448/.505 line over that time
- Cargo has a .321/.388/.716 line at home versus righties. Ridiculously cheap price.
Bang for your buck: Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels ($4,400), Aaron Hicks, Minnesota Twins ($4,100), David Peralta, Arizona Diamondbacks ($3,900)
- Great price for Trout who has 5 homers and a 1.302 OPS over his last 10 games.
- Hicks has a .388 wOBA and 148 wRC+ against lefties and gets to face Detroit’s Matt Boyd.
- .391 wOBA and 145 wRC+ versus righties on the season.
Hail Mary: Colby Rasmus, Houston Astros ($3,200), Anthony Gose, Detroit Tigers ($3,100), Chris Young, New York Yankees ($2,700)
- 7/22 with 4 extra-base hits including 2 homers and has added 7 walks against Yovani Gallardo.
- 5/12 with 2 extra-base hits against Mike Pelfrey.
- .409 wOBA and 163 wRC+ versus lefties. Faces off against Carlos Rodon.
For my complete lineup, follow me on twitter @nschnurbach
Need more DFS picks, Waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball goodness, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.