Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top Draft Kings plays for September 18th.
Today we have 15 games on the MLB schedule kicking off at 2:20 p.m. As always, make sure to check your lineup prior to game time for any last-minute scratches, and be sure to check the weather forecast for any potential cancellations.
I’m gonna be honest with you guys – as of this moment I do not actually plan on entering any DraftKings baseball contests today. I am in 2 very tight playoff match-ups in two of my season-long dynasty leagues (including one against Paul where he is barely beating me), and I am focusing solely on season long today. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t give you some rocking DFS advice anyway. Here we go:
Studs: Zach Greinke, Los Angeles Dodgers ($12,300), Chris Sale, Chicago White Sox ($12,200)
- Greinke is the MAN and this is a pretty low price for him. Has a 1.41 ERA at home this season.
- Sale has a 2.55 ERA and a 7.33 K/BB ratio against the Tribe this year. Beware of Ryan Raburn as he hits Sale well, but Sale can handle the other Indians.
Bang for Your Buck: Steven Matz, New York Mets ($8,200), Johnny Cueto, Kansas City Royals ($7,700)
- Great price for a pretty darn good pitcher. Matz has a 1.88 ERA and 8.25 K/9 on the year.
- Cueto may be struggling recently but he has been solid in his 4 starts against Detroit this year with a 2.96 ERA and 0.915 WHIP. Great value play.
Hail Mary: Yovanni Gallardo, Texas Rangers ($5,900), Adam Morgan, Philadelphia Phillies ($4,600)
- I don’t understand this price. Gallardo has a 2-1 record with a 1.56 ERA against the Mariners this year.
- Anyone for this price against the Braves is a bargain. Atlanta has a .652 post all-star break OPS, last in MLB.
Studs: Kyle Schwarber, Chicago Cubs ($4,400)
.353 ISO and 180 wRC+ against right-handed hurlers on the season.
Bang for your buck: Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals ($3,300)
20/41 with 9 extra-base hits in his career against Verlander.
Hail Mary: John Jaso, Tampa Bay Rays ($2,500)
Tampa’s lead-off hitter versus righties. Jaso has a .353 wOBA versus righties.
Studs: Joey Votto, Cincinnati Reds ($5,700)
Crazy .506 wOBA and 226 wRC+ in the 2nd half of the season.
Bang for your buck: Evan Gattis, Houston Astros ($3,800)
Starting to show his power with 8 homers since August.
Hail Mary: Ben Paulsen, Colorado Rockies ($3,100)
Good start if he plays. .288/.345/.506 at home versus right-handed pitching.
Studs: Jose Altuve, Houston Astros ($4,700)
Altuve has a .375 batting average and a .407 wOBA against lefties on the year. Favorable match-up against Felix Doubront.
Bang for your buck: DJ Lemahieu, Colorado Rockies ($4,200)
10/25 with 6 extra-base hits in his career against Ian Kennedy.
Hail Mary: Cory Spangenberg, San Diego Padres ($3,000)
He’ll probably play in a game at Coors Field and his price is right. That’s good enough for me.
Studs: Carlos Correa, Houston Astros ($5,000)
.390 wOBA and 151 wRC+ versus lefties. Should be able to tee off on Felix Doubront.
Bang for your buck: Corey Seager, Los Angeles Dodgers ($3,400)
Great price for the rookie who continues to rake. .491 wOBA and 221 wRC+ since his call-up.
Hail Mary: Starlin Castro, Chicago Cubs ($2,800)
.343/.361/.543 slash line in September.
Studs: Miguel Sano, Minnesota Twins ($4,700)
Crazy 57.1% hard hit rate against lefties. .486 wOBA and 215 wRC+ at home.
Bank for your buck: Jedd Gyorko, San Diego Padres ($3,400)
Coors Field factor. Plus Gyorko has been playing well with 11 homers in 55 2nd half games.
Hail Mary: Adonis Garcia, Atlanta Braves ($3,100)
.413 wOBA and 164 wRC+ versus lefties.
Studs: Matt Kemp, San Diego Padres ($5,200), Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels ($4,900), Charlie Blackmon, Colorado Rockies ($4,500)
- After a slow start, Kemp has been a beast. .290/.346/.543 line in the 2nd half.
- We have all been waiting for Trout to heat up. As I write this he has 2 homers and 5 RBI in the 4th inning and I feel like he’ll stay hot until the end of the year.
- .350/.403/.505 slash line versus righties at home.
Bang for your buck: George Springer, Houston Astros ($4,400), Aaron Hicks, Minnesota Twins ($3,600), Josh Reddick, Oakland A’s ($3,300)
- Solid .383 wOBA and 145 wRC+ versus lefties.
- Hicks has a .333/.396/.552 slash line against southpaws.
- Great price for Reddick who hits righties at a .295/.350/.483 clip.
Hail Mary: Seth Smith, Seattle Mariners ($3,000), Ryan Raburn, Cleveland Indians ($2,100), Alejandro De Aza ($2,700)
- Solid versus righties with a .344 wOBA and 122 wRC+.
- Raburn has a .317/.396/.583 line versus lefties and is 10/33 with 4 homers against Sale.
- De Aza is good against righties with a .343 wOBA and 116 wRC+.
For my complete lineup, follow me on twitter @nschnurbach
Need more DFS picks, Waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball goodness, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.