Have you ever considered writing about fantasy sports? We are looking for individuals who are passionate about fantasy sports, eager to share their experiences and knowledge with others, and willing to commit some of their free time to write for us. Those are the qualities that brought our original team together in the first place and helped us get to where we are today. Sports available are:
- Hockey (coming this fall)
- DFS (any of the above 4 sports)
Now before you read any further, keep one simple fact in mind. You will not be paid. Still reading? Many people are under the impression that fantasy writers get paid. Truth is, only a small percentage of fantasy writers get paid, and a large number of the ones that do are not getting much. Most fantasy writers do this because they love to do it, and some use it as a platform to get their work out there so that one day they can move on to bigger and better things.
Some of our writers have moved on to work for Baseball Prospectus, FanTrax, Fan Rag Sports and RotoBaller so the opportunities are out there.
If you are interested, this is what we are looking for.
- Individuals who can contribute one article on a weekly basis – expecting more is not realistic given most people have a job and or family obligations.
- Someone who can deliver articles on a deadline.
- Basic writing abilities. By this I mean basic sentence structures, spelling, punctuation and grammar. We all make mistakes so we’re not going to nit pick over little things, but we should not have to heavily edit or re-write your articles.
Please contact us using the form below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us a little about yourself, how long you’ve been playing the game, and any previous writing experience (which is not a requirement). If we like what we hear you will be asked to write a sample article so remember to make it professional, creative, well researched and edited. This will be your chance to show us what you have.
We are not making any promises here, just offering an opportunity. The rest is up to you.
Note: If you wish to contribute but cannot commit to a weekly schedule, we would still like to hear from you as part-time contributors are always welcome.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!