Have you ever considered writing about fantasy baseball or football but weren’t sure where to start? You could start your own site, but that comes with a whole bunch of issues some people are not ready for. Most fold within a year as many people can’t handle the daily grind of maintaining the site and keeping it fresh with new content. In addition, there is the commitment issues that will arise in trying to get writers who will contribute on a regular basis. On top of that, you may feel like your writing for yourself in the beginning as you try to build your audience.
We’ve all been there which is why we would like to give you the opportunity to join our team. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about fantasy sports, eager to share their experiences and knowledge with others, and willing to commit some of their free time to write for us. Those are the qualities that brought us together in the first place and helped us get to where we are today. Are you one of these people?
Now before you read any further, keep one simple fact in mind. You will not be paid. Still reading? Most people are under the impression that fantasy writers get paid. Truth is, only a small percentage of fantasy writers get paid, and a large number of the ones that do are not getting much. Most fantasy writers do this because they love to do it, and some use it as a platform to get their work out there so that one day they can move on to bigger and better things.
If you are still reading this and still interested, this is what we are looking for.
- Individuals who can contribute one article on a weekly basis, expecting more is not realistic given most people have a job and or family obligations.
- Someone who can deliver articles on a deadline. We are each responsible for a set day so if you commit, you will be expected to have your articles completed prior to your set publish date.
- Basic writing abilities. By this I mean basic sentence structures, spelling, punctuation and grammar. We all make mistakes (even us) so we’re not going to nit pick over little things, but we should not have to heavily edit or re-write your articles.
- Creativity. We do not assign topics for your articles, it is up to each individual to come up with their own ideas. Anyone on our staff would be more than happy to float a few ideas your way if you get stuck, but try not to make it a regular thing.
- The ability to communicate and respond in a timely manner. Nothing is more frustrating than sending an email and waiting 3-4 days for a response.
If you’ve come this far down the page, we’re assuming you want to know more. Well, we would like to hear from you first.
Please email us using the contact form below. Tell us a little about yourself, how long you’ve been playing the game, any previous writing experience, and anything else you think may be relevant. If we like what we hear you will be asked to write a sample article so remember to make it professional, creative, well researched and edited. This will be your chance to show us what you have.
We are not making any promises here, just offering an opportunity. The rest is up to you.
If you wish to contribute to Fantasy Assembly but can not commit to a weekly schedule, we would still like to hear from you as part-time contributors are always welcome.
We are also looking for individuals who would be interested in writing daily articles for DFS leagues.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!