Hello again everyone! There are only two days left in the daily fantasy baseball season so let’s take advantage. Today, there are two aces on the mound in Kershaw and Lester, but both play for playoff bound teams, so I am a little bit weary of using them as they may be on low pitch counts. There are also some pitchers to take advantage of, so let’s see which stacks I like. Let’s get right to it.
As always, all stats are courtesy of Rotowire, Rotogrinders, Fangraphs, Baseball-Reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Brian Dozier vs. James Shields – 11/26 with 5 doubles, 3 HR and 3 BB
- Derek Dietrich vs. Tanner Roark – 4/10 with a double, a HR and 2 BB
- Andrew McCutchen vs. Michael Wacha – 12/25 with 3 doubles. 1 HR and 2 BB
- Matt Kemp vs. Jordan Zimmerman – 6/16 with 2 HR, 1 double and 1 BB
Stacks to Target:
1. Brewers at Rockies – Only two days left to feel the Coors Field fantasy goodness.
2. Diamondbacks vs. Clayton Richard – Richard has been surprisingly effective this year, but he runs into a buzzsaw against left-handed pitching. Arizona ranks 1st versus lefties in OPS with a stellar .814 mark and also ranks first in wOBA with a solid .346 showing. The Diamondbacks also come into this contest swinging the bats well, ranking 6th in runs scored in the month of September. I like them for a nice day.
3. Tigers vs. Aaron Blair – The Tigers get a great gift in their chase for a wild card spot as they face potentially the worst pitcher in MLB in Aaron Blair. Blair has an 8.32 FIP in the 2nd half of the year, an 8.18 ERA at home, and an 8.02 ERA on the season. And this is not just small sample size noise, as Blair has thrown 64.0 innings and has that ridiculously high ERA. The Tigers have plenty to play for and will not take their feet off the gas pedal. This one could get ugly fast.
Pitchers of the Day:
1. Tanner Roark vs. Marlins – The Marlins rank dead last in both runs scored and OPS in the month of September and are a good bet when any pitcher faces them. On top of that, while Roark struggled in his last start, he has allowed 2 ER or less in the 5 previous starts. He has been solid all year long, has an ERA under 3.00 against a terrible offense, and should be solid again today.
2. Hisashi Iwakuma vs. A’s – Oakland is another pretty bad offense as they rank 27th in OPS in September and 27th in OPS versus right-handed pitching. Iwakuma has quietly put together a nice season and has been even better in the 2nd half with a 3.56 ERA. He has faced Oakland 4 times this year and has allowed 3 ER or less every time. The strikeout upside is limited so Iwakuma is not the best GPP play, but he is a rock solid cash game option.
Weather to Target or Avoid
- Marlins at Nationals – chance of rain
- Blue Jays at Red Sox – chance of rain and strong wind blowing in
Platoon Split Hitters
- Sean Rodriguez vs. Jamie Garcia – Rodriguez is having an impressive year against southpaws with a .399 wOBA and 153 wRC+.
- Jayson Werth vs. Wei-Yin Chen – Werth is one of my favorite platoon guys this year with an amazing .432 wOBA and 172 wRC+ against lefties.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Greenbrier Classic - July 5, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Quicken Loans National - June 28, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017