Hi Everybody! Yesterday was an interesting day for me as I almost cashed with all 8 of my lineups for the first time. Truth be told, since I am a GPP player, I would rather have only a couple of lineups hit for big scores than for all my lineups to hit for min-cashes, but it was still a profitable day. My best call of the day was having big exposure to Miguel Gonzalez against the Rays, which I recommended in this space. He was only 3.4% owned and pitched a gem so that gave me a leg up on the field. Let’s see if we can do as well today.
As always, all stats are courtesy of Rotowire, Rotogrinders, Fangraphs, Baseball-Reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Michael Saunders vs. Ubaldo Jimenez – 9/19 with 4 homers, a double and 4 walks
- Nelson Cruz vs. Kendall Graveman – 10/15 with 2 doubles and a homer
- Robinson Cano vs. Kendall Graveman – 6/13 with 3 doubles, a homer and 2 walks
- Nori Aoki vs. Kendall Graveman – 6/11 with 3 doubles and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Mariners vs. Kendall Graveman – Well, it should be obvious from the BvP stats above that the Mariners hit Graveman well. In fact, their team has a collective .345/.397/.471 line against the A’s righthander. The Mariners have been even more successful this year as Graveman holds an 0-3 record with a 7.48 ERA and 1.985 WHIP in 4 starts against Seattle in 2016. On top of that, Graveman struggles on the road with a 5.00 ERA and .341 wOBA compared to a 3.39 and .293 respectively at home. All this, plus the M’s in must win mode adds up to a likely good offensive game for the home squad.
- Blue Jays vs. Ubaldo Jimenez – This late in the season it is good to target offenses who still have something to play for. You know that your Blue Jays are not going to get pulled from the lineup in the 5th inning to get some rest. The Jays have enjoyed facing Jimenez this year with a .333/.412/.650 collective line in 4 games against the enigmatic righty. That has translated into a 9.42 ERA and 1.95 WHIP for Ubaldo against the Jays. Look for that success to continue today.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Chris Archer vs. White Sox – For some reason, Archer is only the 7th most expensive arm on DraftKings, cheaper than Dan Straily at St. Louis and Jeremy Hellickson, who is facing the red-hot Braves offense. The White Sox are below average against righties with a .310 team wOBA and 20.7% team K-Rate. Meanwhile, Archer has been on a roll in the 2nd half with a 3.19 ERA, .264 wOBA, 28.9% K-Rate and 3.04 xFIP. This is the easy pitching play of the day.
- Joe Ross vs. Diamondbacks – There is some risk in this one as Ross has not thrown more than 3 innings since his return from the DL. I have a feeling that the Nats will want to stretch him out a bit before the playoffs and he may go 5-6 innings. If he does throw that much he will make value against the DBacks who have a .313 team wOBA and 22.4% K-Rate versus righties. The weather is not looking great here so tread carefully, but I don’t mind Ross as a boom or bust GPP play today.
Weather to Target or Avoid
- Diamondbacks at Nationals – chance of rain
- Indians at Tigers – chance of rain
- Cubs at Pirates – chance of rain
- Rays at White Sox – chance of rain
- Red Sox at Yankees – strong wind blowing in
Platoon Split Hitters
- Danny Valencia vs. Ariel Miranda – Valencia continues to handle lefties with a .395 wOBA and 154 wRC+.
- Ryon Healy vs. Ariel Miranda – Healy has been impressive against left-handers in his rookie season with a .385 wOBA and 148 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017