Hi all! Today is an ace day with Max Scherzer, David Price, Chris Sale and Justin Verlander all toeing the bump. There, of course, is one ace who was supposed to pitch yesterday that is no longer with us in Jose Fernandez. There is nothing that I can say that others have not said, but as a sports fan and a fan of history, the news was certainly devastating. Let’s all live life to the fullest and do the things we love each day. If you’re here, you love daily fantasy so let’s see which players I like today.
As always, all stats are courtesy of Rotowire, Rotogrinders, Fangraphs, Baseball-Reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Chris Davis vs. Anibal Sanchez – 6/14 with 3 homers, a double and 8 walks
- Asdrubal Cabrera vs. Tom Koehler – 5/10 with 2 homers and a walk
- Anthony Rizzo vs. Ryan Vogelsong – 4/11 with 3 homers and a double
- Francisco Lindor vs. Justin Verlander – 7/17 with 2 doubles, a homer and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Tigers vs. Mike Clevinger – Clevinger has crazy reverse splits this year allowing a .236 wOBA to left-handed hitters while giving up a sky-high .378 wOBA to right-handed bats. Detroit is coming in hot ranking 2nd in OPS and run scored over the last 7 days and are also ranked 9th in OPS in September. And, of course, Detroit is as righty heavy a line-up as you will find. Look for a nice output from the Tigers in a game they need to win.
- Reds vs. Adam Wainwright – Wainwright’s hot and cold season continues, and he has been more cold than hot recently giving 4+ earned runs in 3 of his last 4 starts. Against the Reds this season, Wainwright has a 6.06 ERA in 3 starts. The Reds have been mashing the ball recently as they are tied for 7th in OPS in September, and they are 5th in OPS and 7th in runs since the All-Star break. I like a solid effort from the Reds today.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Julio Teheran vs. Phillies – The Phillies have traditionally struggled with Teheran, sporting a feeble .219/.279/.309 collective line against the Braves right-hander. These struggles continued on September 4 when Teheran held the Phillies scoreless over 6 innings, striking out 7 while allowing only 5 hits and 2 walks. Teheran is the 6th most expensive arm on DraftKings and only 9th on FanDuel. I love his value today.
- Chris Sale vs. Rays – The Rays have struck out an astounding 25.1% of the time against left-handed starters this year. Sale has really picked up his strikeout game since the All-Star break with a 27.2% K-Rate. August and September are also the first two months of this season where Sale has had a K/9 greater than 10.0 this season. I think he hits double-digit strikeouts and is worth the price of admission today.
Weather to Target or Avoid
- Phillies at Braves – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters
- DJ LeMahieu vs. Matt Moore – LeMahieu has an impressive .413 wOBA and .193 ISO versus lefties this year.
- Nick Hundley vs. Matt Moore – Hundley has been very solid against lefties too with a .395 wOBA and .236 ISO.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – US Open - June 13, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – FedEx St Jude Classic - June 7, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Memorial - May 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017