Apologies for my absence yesterday. My job has been really busy in the last little while and it has been hard to slot in some time for DFS. If anyone was wondering whether this game was indeed a game of skill, there is definitely a relationship between the amount of research that I can do on a slate and my success. Things seem to be settling down for me and it is the weekend, so let’s get back to some good research and success. Let’s see what I came up with today.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Mike Trout vs. Taijuan Walker – 8/10 with 2 homers and a double
- Kyle Seager vs. Tyler Skaggs – 5/10 with a homer and a walk
- Logan Forsythe vs. Marco Estrada – 5/11 with a double and a homer
- Brian Dozier vs. James Shields – 9/27 with 4 doubles, a triple 2 homers and 3 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Diamondbacks at Rockies – Coors Field effect in play!
- Astros vs. Derek Holland – The Astros tee off against Holland with a .342/.391/.679 line against him. This should not be all that surprising since Holland has a middling .342 wOBA against righties since 2015, and the Astros have a very solid .183 ISO against lefties this season. This is my favorite non Coors stack of the day.
- Twins vs. James Shields – I have never been a Shields guy, but his ineptitude this season is truly something to behold. His road ERA sits at 6.79, and his August ERA was 11.42 – and August was the 2nd month of the last 3 that Shields had an 11+ ERA! The Twins come in swinging well with the 7th most runs over the last 7 days. I think they will put up a crooked number against Shields.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Tanner Roark vs. Mets – Roark continues to be an underrated pitcher, as his stuff is less than flashy. But there is more than one way to be an effective pitcher, and looking at Roark’s stats, he induces an elite 24.3% soft contact and allows only 24.7% hard contact – well below league average. The Nats’ righty also excels against the Mets, having held them to a collective .187/.261/.258 line and having a 0.96 ERA and 0.750 WHIP against them this year. I like Roark for another solid game today.
- Kevin Gausman vs. Yankees – Gausman has pitched well against everyone in the 2nd half with a 3.04 ERA and 26.1% K-Rate since the break. He has been especially potent against the Yankees in the last couple of months; in 2 starts he has allowed barely over a base runner an inning while striking out more than a batter an inning with a 1.32 ERA. I like him again today.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Yankees at Orioles – chance of rain
- Nationals at Mets – 11 MPH wind blowing in
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Steve Pearce vs. Blake Snell – Pearce has found his mojo against lefties in 2016 with an excellent .452 wOBA and 192 wRC+.
- Nelson Cruz vs. Tyler Skaggs – Cruz is an old reliable against southpaws with a .392 wOBA and 152 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- DraftKings NFL Preview – Week 3 - September 23, 2017
- DraftKings NFL Preview – week 2 - September 16, 2017
- DraftKings NFL Preview – Week 1 - September 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dell Technologies Championship - August 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017