Howdy all. Interesting docket today as there are a couple of aces on the mound and some pretty solid hitting match-ups. There are plenty of stacks that I like, but I can only choose two here. While I didn’t write about them, I love the Orioles against Nicolino and the Nationals against Chad Bettis. Check below to see who I did write about.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Rickie Weeks vs. Homer Bailey – 14/28 with 2 doubles, 2 homers and 5 walks
- Brian Dozier vs. R.A. Dickey – 4/12 with 2 homers and a walk
- Mike Napoli vs. Derek Holland – 5/15 with 2 homers and 2 walks
- Mike Trout vs. Anibal Sanchez – 3/11 with 2 homers and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Pirates vs. Chase Anderson – Right-handed hitters are amazing against Chase Anderson sporting a .362 wOBA, and the Pirates have a bunch of righties with Harrison, Bell, Marte and McCutchen. The Pirates have also historically hit Anderson well with a .361/.430/.620 collective line. This should be a fun stack today.
- Diamondbacks vs. Homer Bailey – Bailey has looked OK since he’s been back, but his fastball velocity is not yet hitting 93 MPH and was over 94 MPH in his 2013 and 2014 heyday. The Diamondbacks are a tough match-up as they have a collective .321/.409/.543 line against him. Bailey was torched by the Dodgers in his last start and I think he will be again today. This could be a good and low-owned stack.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Jon Lester vs. Dodgers – Lester really turned it on in August with a .238 wOBA, 29.6% K-Rate and 2.10 ERA – all his best of any month. He has also faced the Dodgers one time this season and threw a four-hit complete game, allowing one earned run while striking out 10. As hot as the Dodgers have been, they still rank dead last in OPS against lefties at .647, and they have a collective .163/.197/.261 line against Lester. I like the Cubs lefty for a good game today.
- Kevin Gausman vs. Yankees – Gausman has been great against the Yankees this year; over 20.2 he has allowed 3 runs on 16 hits while striking out 15. Granted, that was before the Yankees had Babe Ruth reincarnated, aka Gary Sanchez, in their lineup. But Gausman is cheap and has stymied the Yankees in three starts. I think he is a good, safe play in cash games and a worthwhile play in GPPs as well.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Angels at Tigers – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Steve Pearce vs. CC Sabathia – Pearce only costs $2,800 on DraftKings and has a .424 wOBA and 174 wRC+.
- Wil Myers vs. Justin Nicolino – Myers has an impressive .390 wOBA and 148 wRC+ against lefties.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- DraftKings NFL Preview – Week 3 - September 23, 2017
- DraftKings NFL Preview – week 2 - September 16, 2017
- DraftKings NFL Preview – Week 1 - September 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dell Technologies Championship - August 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017