Greetings and salutations! Yesterday was a quasi-frustrating daily fantasy day for me. I had my highest score ever to not crack the top 50 as my 192.4 DraftKings points was only good for 51st in the Slider. Still 51st out of 3,921 is nothing to sneeze at. I was up in the top 10 as the earlier games were finishing and knew that I needed some heroics from Yangervis Solarte in the 9th inning to fend off some people close to me, but he ended up popping out. And after Kris Bryant did some late damage, many people just behind me managed to pass me in the standings. Oh well!
As for today we have a full 15 games on the docket, but the slate is split between 4 afternoon games and 11 evening games. There are some good offensive match-ups, and one pitcher stands above all others. Want to know more? Read on my friends!
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Yoenis Cespedes vs. Jeremy Hellickson – 5/12 with 2 homers and a walk
- Jeff Francoeur vs. Clayton Richard – 4/10 with a homer and 2 walks
- Jayson Werth vs. Jorge de la Rosa – 7/19 with a double, 2 homers and 3 walks
- Salvador Perez vs. David Price – 4/12 with 2 homers
Stacks to Target:
- Giants vs. Mike Foltynewicz – Throughout his brief Major League career, Folty has really struggled to get left-handed hitters out, and that has continued this season with a .353 wOBA allowed to lefties along with a .503 SLG%. Any time I can stack a bunch of lefties against the Braves’ righty I do so, and the Giants can trot out 4 lefties in their top 5 with Denard Span, Angel Pagan, Brandon Crawford and Brandon Belt. Toss in Buster Posey to that stack on DraftKings or just use those 4 lefties on FanDuel and reap the rewards.
- Nationals vs. Jorge de la Rosa – The Nationals bludgeon left-handed pitching ranking 4th in OPS against southpaws, and add a solid .334 wOBA and .204 ISO versus lefties. De La Rosa struggles to get right-handed hitters out with a .338 wOBA. That sounds like a toxic combination to me and this is my favorite stack in the early slate.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Noah Syndergaard vs. Phillies – Syndergaard’s season is truly astonishing as he is very unlucky to have a 2.61 ERA. His .343 BABIP is sky-high for a pitcher who is limiting hard contact to 27.9%. Despite the bad luck, Syndergaard leads this slate in K-Rate at 29.4%, and the Phillies have the 2nd lowest wOBA vs. righties on this slate at .300 as wall as an elevated 21.8% K-Rate. Syndergaard is the highest priced pitcher on the board, but is really the only play for cash games, and I will have at least 35% exposure in GPPs as well.
- James Taillon vs. Brewers – Taillon has really settled in to the Pirates’ rotation in the 2nd half with a rock solid 2.35 ERA, .248 wOBA and 22.0% K-Rate since the all-star break and has added 8 straight quality starts. Milwaukee continues to strike out at a very high rate against righties with a current K-Rate of 25.4%. I like Taillon’s good form to continue with another quality start and he has strikeout upside as well.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Angels at Tigers – chance of rain
- Mariners at White Sox – chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Marcell Ozuna vs. Clayton Richard – Ozuna continues to own lefties with a .423 wOBA and 167 wRC+
- J.D. Martinez vs. Brett Oberholtzer – Martinez hits righties too, but he is especially likes to tee off against lefties with a .410 wOBA and 160 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – US Open - June 13, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – FedEx St Jude Classic - June 7, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Memorial - May 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017