I gave you some good guidance on pitchers and platoon split players yesterday as Jameson Taillon, David Price, David Dahl and Hanley Ramirez all came through. I didn’t do as well with my stacks though, as the Rockies were not a great play and the Red Sox were average. Hopefully you came away with a winning day though. We have a full 15 game night slate today, so there is a lot of data to sift through. Let’s see if I can help.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Mike Trout vs. R.A. Dickey – 6/11 with 2 doubles, a triple and 2 walks
- Logan Morrison vs. Clay Buchholz – 5/12 with 2 homers and 2 doubles
- JD Martinez vs. Kyle Gibson – 8/19 with 2 homers, 2 doubles and 2 walks
- David Ortiz vs. Chris Archer – 13/34 with 4 doubles, 3 homers and 4 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Tigers vs. Kyle Gibson – Gibson did throw a complete game his last time out, but it has not been a banner season for him. His peripherals are not great either as he is allowing a career high in both line drive rate and hard contact. The Tigers are not the match-up the Twins’ righty wants to see as they have a collective .330/.411/.491 line against him. I like them to do some damage today.
- Cardinals vs. Jon Niese – Niese has struggled along this season and has been especially bad on the road where he allows a .392 wOBA and an ugly slash line of .311/.371/.563. The Cardinals have enjoyed hitting against Niese as they have a collective .351/.403/.533 line against him. The Cards have faced Niese twice this season: the last time out, Niese escaped many jams allowing 8 hits and walk over 5.2 innings, but only one run. However, the time before that he allowed a season high 11 hits and 8 runs against St. Louis. I expect more of the latter today.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Dan Straily vs. Rangers – Straily has stymied the current Rangers line-up throughout his career, allowing a .176/.272/.236 line to the current group of Texas bats. He faced off against them once already this season and was a bit unlucky on June 22 as he allowed only 3 hits and 2 walks over 6 innings, but those turned into 4 runs. Straily has also been hot as of late with a 2.25 ERA and .269 wOBA since the All-Star break. I like him for another good game.
- Jonathan Gray vs. Brewers – I always like strikeout pitchers against the Brewers in GPPs. The Brewers K-Rate versus righties remains prohibitively high at 25.5% while Gray has a good K-Rate of 24.8% this season. Gray is actually not that great a pitcher – even away from Coors – so the potential for a blow-up is there, but I love this play in GPPs as it is entirely possible that Gray strikes out double-digit Brewers today.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- NONE! Let’s play ball
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Eugenio Suarez vs. Derek Holland – Suarez loves facing southpaws with a .401 wOBA and 150 wRC+.
- Cameron Rupp vs. Carlos Rodon – Rupp is having a great year against lefties with a .431 wOBA and 172 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – US Open - June 13, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – FedEx St Jude Classic - June 7, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Memorial - May 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017