I had that winning feeling yesterday. There were some cheap punt plays that I liked and that allowed me to roll with 2 aces who had great match-ups – Jose Fernandez against the Reds who have the 2nd lowest ISO against power pitchers and Madison Bumgarner at home against the lefty heavy and mostly punchless Mets. Well – that did not turn out great! Sometimes, you win and sometimes you lose. Hopefully we win today.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Bryce Harper vs. Julio Teheran – 12/28 with 3 doubles, 5 homers and 4 walks
- Jose Altuve vs. Wade Miley – 11/18 with 2 doubles, a triple and a homer
- Christian Yelich vs. Gerrit Cole – 5/11 with 2 homers and 2 walks
- Marwin Gonzalez vs. Wade Miley – 5/12 with 2 doubles, a homer and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Cubs at Rockies – Coors Field is in play. Tread carefully though as there is a strong chance of rain in Denver today, and if this game plays, there will be a strong wind blowing in. I will be mostly fading this game.
- Astros vs. Wade Miley – As you can see from some of the BvP stats above, the Astros love to face Miley. In fact, the entire lineup has a collective .338/.408/.575 line against the Orioles’ lefty. On the season, the Astros have a tidy .185 ISO versus lefties and are 5th in the AL in slugging percentage versus southpaws. This is a good spot for them tonight.
- Dodgers vs. Tim Adleman – While it is only in a 4 start sample size, Adleman has allowed a .433 wOBA to left-handed bats. And as I mentioned yesterday, the Dodgers sport a pretty potent lineup of lefties these days with Chase Utley, Corey Seager, Josh Reddick, Adrian Gonzalez, Yasmani Grandal and Joc Pederson. On top of that, the Dodgers’ offense has been red-hot ranking 2nd in MLB in OPS at .810 and 1st in SLG% at .472 since the all-star break. This could be a big game for them.
Pitchers of the Day:
- Edinson Volquez vs. Twins – Volquez loves to face the Twins as their lineup has a collective .230/.260/.288 line against him. Volquez has faced the Twins 3 times this season and allowed 2 earned runs in each start with 19 strikeouts over 18.1 innings. He is a boom or bust guy, but I like him to boom tonight.
- Johnny Cueto vs. Mets – Cueto loves his new home at AT&T Park as he has an impressive .255 wOBA along with a 2.47 FIP and 2.74 ERA at home. The Mets are struggling offensively and have a pretty low .304 wOBA and a farily high 22.1% K-Rate against right-handed pitching. Cueto is a safe play, especially in cash games.
Weather to Target or Avoid:
- Cardinals at Phillies – chance of rain
- Cubs at Rockies – 14 MPH wind blowing in and chance of rain
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Chris Carter vs. Wade LeBlanc – Carter has a nice .408 wOBA and 153 wRC+ against southpaws this year
- Javier Baez vs. Tyler Anderson – If this game will play, Baez is one of my top plays with his .393 wOBA and 146 wRC+ against lefties
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – US Open - June 13, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – FedEx St Jude Classic - June 7, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Memorial - May 31, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017