It was a pretty good day for me yesterday, but I feel like I was cheated out of a big score. One of my lineups had Jaime Garcia (41.6 points), Gio Gonzalez (29.55), Jose Abreu (22), Manny Machado (17), Sal Perez (3) and a Rockies stack at Coors Field. The Rockies stack got me a paltry 30 points, the majority of which came from DJ LeMahieu. If the Rockies would have come through I would have finished near the top. In the end I got a 338th out of 4,705, which wasn’t even my best score (I finished 92nd out of 4,705 in the same contest). Hopefully today the DFS gods are on my side a bit more. Let’s see how we do.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and ESPN. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Chris Owings vs. Matt Garza – 4/10 with a double, a triple and a walk
- Carlos Santana vs. CC Sabathia – 8/17 with a double, a homer and a walk
- Jhonny Peralta vs. Roberto Hernandez – 5/10 with a double
- Chris Gimenez vs. CC Sabathia – 5/12 with a double and 3 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Marlins at Rockies – Coors Field alert! Hopefully we’ll be more high scoring today.
- Nationals vs. Matt Cain – Cain has allowed a .393 wOBA with a 7.48 ERA on the road. His slash line allowed away from the friendly confines of AT&T Park is .300/.362/.570. Lefties also have not been fooling Cain as he has allowed a .403 wOBA to opposite sided hitters. I expect the Nats to tee off early and often.
- Diamondbacks vs. Matt Garza – Garza used to be a pretty decent strikeout pitcher, but his K/9 is all the way down to 5.51. He is also not inducing much soft contact and his hard contact allowed sits at 38.0%. Couple that with his .381 road wOBA and 5.93 road ERA plus a tough park to pitch in at Chase Field and you have a recipe for a tough day for the Brewers’ righty.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Giants at Nationals – chance of rain
- Indians at Yankees – chance of rain
- Marlins at Rockies – chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Jose Berrios vs. Tampa Bay – Berrios’ ERA is ugly at 8.51, but he does couple that with a 10.71 K/9 which portends better things. In addition, Berrios has been pretty unlucky thus far with a .364 BABIP allowed and a 59.4% strand rate despite an average hard contact allowed. The Rays have really struggled recently and strike out a whopping 24.1% of the time against righties. I think this is Berrios’ breakout game.
- Eduardo Rodriguez vs. Dodgers – The Dodgers are more inept offensively against lefties than most people know. LA ranks dead last by a wide margin in batting average versus lefties with a .221 mark and their .662 OPS versus southpaws ranks 28th in the majors, ahead of only the putrid offenses of Atlanta and Philadelphia. E-Rod has not allowed more than 3 runs in a start since June and I expect his recent run of good form to continue with this great match-up.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Wilmer Flores vs. Matt Boyd – Flores is an underrated lefty masher with a .454 wOBA and 194 wRC+ versus southpaws.
- Chris Carter vs. Patrick Corbin – Carter’s power really plays against southpaws as he sports a .409 wOBA and 155 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Greenbrier Classic - July 5, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Quicken Loans National - June 28, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017