Howdy everyone! I hope everyone had a great day of daily fantasy last night. I stayed up late to watch my Red Sox beat the Mariners, and now I am ready for even more baseball. We have a full slate of games tonight with Coors Field back in play, which always adds to the challenge of things. There are also some aces going, though most have tough match-ups. While I won’t be recommending Jose Fernandez versus the Cubs in this space, if you are a multiple lineup GPP player, you should have at least 20% exposure to Fernandez since his ownership levels will be depressed and he always has the capability of putting up a huge score – even against good lineups. Let’s see what else we can come up with today.
As always, all stats are courtesy of rotowire, rotogrinders, fangraphs, baseball-reference and espn. Here are your quick hits of the day.
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jose Abreu vs. Anibal Sanchez – 8/14 with 2 doubles, 2 homers and 2 walks
- Jason Kipnis vs. Kyle Gibson – 7/13 with 2 doubles, a homer and 6 walks
- Carlos Gomez vs. R.A. Dickey – 7/13 with a homer
- Adam Eaton vs. Anibal Sanchez – 6/14 with 2 homers and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Dodgers at Rockies – Coors Field alert! This is a pretty good pitching match-up of Brandon McCarthy versus Jon Gray, so ownership might be lower than usual. Take advantage!
- Astros vs. R.A. Dickey – Dickey is really struggling this year with his highest walk rate since 2009 . Moreover, his hard hit rate is at its highest since he became a knuckleballer at 31.4%. In fact, it is the first time he has allowed hard contact over 30% since he learned the trick pitch. The Astros have always handled Dickey well, as their current squad sports a .356/.379/.557 against the Jays’ righty. I expect more of the same tonight.
- White Sox vs. Anibal Sanchez – Sanchez is another guy who has struggled this year, and he was no better last week against the White Sox when he allowed 10 hits over 6 innings. Anibal has a .392 wOBA allowed to righties and has really only gotten worse as the season has gone along with an 8.41 ERA in July and a .341/.396/.465 slash allowed. The White Sox will likely batter him early and often.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Pirates at Braves – Chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Madison Bumgarner vs. Phillies – This is really the only choice in FanDuel cash games and is a good way to start a DraftKings lineup as well. The Phillies have a .279 wOBA versus lefties and a 23.5% K-Rate. MadBum is making a run toward the Cy Young in the National League as he ranks 2nd in ERA, 5th in WHIP, 7th in K/9, and 3rd in strikeouts. There is no reason to think that he won’t dominate.
- Dylan Bundy vs. Rangers – This is mostly a DraftKings GPP play if you want to get a Rockies or Dodgers stack into your lineup. Bundy is priced at only $4,400 on DK, despite allowing only 7 hits and 1 walk over 10.2 innings in his last two starts, with three runs allowed and 13 strikeouts. The Rangers can hit, but they are below average on the road, ranking 17th in OPS. Bundy can get you some pretty decent points and allows you to get some offense into your lineup.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Jayson Werth vs. Robbie Ray – Werth excels at hitting lefties with a .439 wOBA and 177 wRC+
- Sandy Leon vs. Wade LeBlanc – In a somewhat small sample size (about 40 PAs) Leon has obliterated lefties with a .544 wOBA and 248 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017