Seven days without Neil hopefully didn’t make one weak.
It’s been fun covering these DFS pieces for the week, but I won’t be playing today, as like every Sunday it is family day in the Hartman household. Even packing for our impending move is put on hold for the beach and then the drive-in. I wish you the best of luck today. and thank you for sticking around this week. Hopefully I didn’t run off any of Neil’s regular readers – he will be back tomorrow.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Chris Davis vs Aaron Sanchez – 6/12 with a double, 3 home runs, and 4 walks
- Steven Souza vs Michael Pineda – 6/14 with a double and 3 home runs
- Brian Dozier vs James Shields – 9/24 with 5 doubles, 2 home runs and 3 walks
- Justin Morneau vs Ervin Santana – 7/29 with a double, 4 home runs and 4 walks
- Russell Martin vs Chris Tillman – 5/11 with 2 doubles and 5 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Rangers vs Dillon Gee – Now a lot could happen with the Rangers lineup today as they’ve been linked to some pretty hefty trade targets, but there should be enough left to rough up Dillon Gee. The Rangers have the 4th highest wOBA over the past two weeks and the 2nd highest SLG. They’re also the 5th best hitting team at home for the year. Add Gee to the equation (6.43 ERA as a starter this year) and it could get ugly quick in Arlington.
- Astros vs Mike Pelfrey – Opponents are hitting .370 against Pelfrey at Comerica this year. I could just stop there really, but add in the fact that Houston is baseball’s hottest hitting club and it spells trouble for Detroit today. Pelfrey has given up 31 hits in his last 4 starts at home, but it’s only in 16.1 innings. I’ve got to go flush my eyes after looking at Pelfrey’s numbers this year. At least my Tigers are starting to hit.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Astros at Tigers – Chance of rain
- Nationals at Giants – 12 MPH wind blowing out
- Athletics at Indians – Chance of rain
- Rockies at Mets – Chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Noah Syndergaard vs Rockies – I’ve stayed away from the top priced pitchers most of the week, but I can’t resist here. The Rockies are the near the bottom in almost every offensive category for teams playing on the road. Syndergaard, meanwhile, is even better at home with a 10:1 K:BB ratio. With the Rockies having the 3rd highest team K rate over the past month, Syndergaard should rack up the strikeouts (and FPTS) today. They’re also -200 favorites, so the win looks likely too.
- Blake Snell vs Yankees – I was hoping for a better price, but then again it becomes confirmation of a solid pick sometimes when the experts rank your guy high. The Yankees are the fourth worst hitting club against LHP this year, and Snell already pitched 5 two-hit innings against them in his debut, striking out six. Snell is coming off of three straight quality starts, including a 1-hit performance in Colorado. The $8,600 price tag doesn’t scream bargain, but it’s a nice solid play.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Cameron Maybin vs D. Keuchel – Hitting .373 vs LHP with 12 BB (just 11 K) in 67 AB vs lefties
- C.Young, Leon, Bogaerts, Hanley – Lots of Red Sox (even J. Rutledge) are fantastic against LHP
- H.Kendrick and Van Slyke vs P. Corbin – These two hit .312 vs LHP; .246 vs RHP
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @FantasyAssembly
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Paul Hartman (see all)
- 2017 Top 25 Second Base Prospects - January 20, 2017
- 2017 Top 20 First Base Prospects - January 13, 2017
- 2017 Top 20 Catcher Prospects - January 6, 2017
- Five late draft options who could break out in 2017 - December 16, 2016
- Late Draft RP Diving – 2017 - December 9, 2016