It’s day three of Neil’s vacation and hopefully I’ve kept you above water until his return. Today there are some good pitchers going, but I’m targeting the bats and finding value on the mound. I believe that I’ve found some good targets for us and am looking for a big day. Good luck.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- James Loney vs Adam Wainwright – 14/28 with 4 doubles and a home run
- Justin Morneau vs Jason Hammel – 7/14 with 5 doubles and 4 walks
- Melky Cabrera vs Jason Hammel- 5/16 with a double, 2 home runs and a walk
- Carlos Correa vs Masahiro Tanaka – 3/6 with 2 home runs and a stolen base
- Salvador Perez vs Matt Shoemaker – 6/8 with a double and a home run
Stacks to Target:
- Blue Jays vs Luis Perdomo – Yes, Perdomo has been respectable of late, tossing 5 straight starts allowing 3 earned runs or less. But, he still has a 6.93 ERA, a 1.84 WHIP, and is allowing opponents to hit .331 against him. He also has never pitched in Toronto, where the Jays are one of the top hitting clubs in the majors. Vegas has the over/under here at 10, with the Jays as -255 favorites so I’m hardly alone thinking this won’t go well for Luis.
- Cubs vs Anthony Ranaudo – This is another game forecasting a high score, with the Cubs as massive favorites. It’s really no wonder when you look at what Ranaudo has done this year and throughout his short career. In 2016: a 17.18 ERA with 8 walks in just 3.2 innings. For his career: a 6.33 ERA with 32 BB and 28 K in 58 innings. The Cubs, who are the third best offensive club (and #1 in walks) in the majors should make this a quick and painful experience for young White Sox hurler.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Phillies at Marlins – 13 MPH wind blowing in
- Cardinals at Mets – 11 MPH wind blowing out
- Padres at Blue Jays – 10 MPH wind blowing out
- Braves at Twins – Slight chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Gerrit Cole vs Mariners – Take out Cole’s first start off the DL and he has a 1.91 ERA since May 3rd covering 8 starts. He induced 14 swinging strikes his last time out, striking out 7 Phillies. Today he gets a tough assignment in the Mariners, but he’s at home where the Pirates are favored at -150 today. There is some risk here, but there often is when you’re not taking the top arms of the day. For $8,100 though, I’d prefer to spend my money on some bats (see stacks above).
- Zach Eflin vs Marlins- I like Eflin today against the Fish, as they are in the bottom 20% of offensive clubs over the past two weeks. Eflin is coming off of 6 straight quality starts, and while the strikeouts aren’t great, he’s still coming off of two 33+ FPTS games in his last four outings. He carries a bargain price of $7,200 on Draft Kings, and if you take out his first start, he’s averaging 17 FPTS per game. That’s not ace territory by any stretch, but it’s solid for the money.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Rupp, Joseph, and Bourjos vs A. Conley – These three combine to hit .331 vs LHP; only .243 vs RHP
- D. Freese vs J. Paxton – Freese has 4 HR and a .328 in 64 AB vs LHP. (also has 2 HR vs Paxton in 17 AB)
- I.Desmond and Andrus vs S.Manaea – Desmond is hitting .390 vs LHP, while Andrus has a .944 OPS vs LHP
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @FantasyAssembly
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Paul Hartman (see all)
- 2017 Top 25 Second Base Prospects - January 20, 2017
- 2017 Top 20 First Base Prospects - January 13, 2017
- 2017 Top 20 Catcher Prospects - January 6, 2017
- Five late draft options who could break out in 2017 - December 16, 2016
- Late Draft RP Diving – 2017 - December 9, 2016